X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

I would agree that the Horus is too busy, but with anything, proper training on how to use a thing will make it easy.

For the shooting that I do (one shot, hit or miss, move on to the next target) the EBR2 reticle that Vortex has, (and Athlon) I find it extremely handy to use their simpler tree to help verify wind calls. I can stay on target, see my impacts and verify against my dope card. ETA - If I was allowed or had the opportunity to do a followup shot / second round hit, it would be a given I think.

I have not tried 100% hold over yet. I have been tempted as two stages the distance variations are not that much, and one of them is almost in a straight line out. I still dial for elevation and hold for wind. A few of them have a .4 mil difference between two successive targets so I dial .2 and hold low for the first, high for the second (edge of plate).

If anyone here can give a lesson on holdover and moving targets with a minimalist reticle...DNS can - no slight intended LR1955, I just find his ability to make multiple hits on hogs at full run and occasionally zig-zag astounding. However, he does so much with NV now, I don't know that he could even function with a clear daylight scope now!
    Last edited by Sticks; 09-03-2018, 02:43 PM.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
    X