• Pootyng
    Warrior
    • Aug 2018

Lrhsi or xtrii

• LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pootyng View Post
    Which do you prefer and why? I only have experience with the xtrii 4-20x50 and I really like it but I’m considering the lrhsi that’s on sale. It seems to be a really good buy. What experience do you have with either?
    PT:

What is a 'Lrhsi' and a 'xtrii'?

LR55

Comment

• Pootyng
      Warrior
      • Aug 2018

Sorry Bushnell lrhsi scope or Burris xtrii scope

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

I have Vortex Viper PST and Athlon Ares scopes. I have looked through the Burris XTRII at a match and found it to be not as bright and crisp as mine (Athlon is the better of mine). Depressing, as I liked the other features and was going to pick one up.
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

The LRHSI is the better optic on your list, IMHO. The glass quality is subjective, so to each their own, but I can say without reservation that it is better than the XTRII. The turrets are quiet on the HSI, which is probably by design to prevent highly audible clicks from spooking game if you ever have to adjust it when close to game. The reticle is in my judgement the best hunting reticle I've ever seen - especially when considering long range game harvests. The circle in the center is awesome for placing over vitals for quick shots, but the inner stadia allow for longer ranged holds and estimation. It's in mils too, which is nice. I find them much easier to use, and have switched from MOA to MILS because dividing by 10 is always straight forward.

For a hunting optic, it probably doesn't matter, but for long range hunting I don't believe the LRHSI can be beat.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Pootyng
            Warrior
            • Aug 2018

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
              Warrior
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
              The LRHSI is the better optic on your list, IMHO. The glass quality is subjective, so to each their own, but I can say without reservation that it is better than the XTRII. The turrets are quiet on the HSI, which is probably by design to prevent highly audible clicks from spooking game if you ever have to adjust it when close to game. The reticle is in my judgement the best hunting reticle I've ever seen - especially when considering long range game harvests. The circle in the center is awesome for placing over vitals for quick shots, but the inner stadia allow for longer ranged holds and estimation. It's in mils too, which is nice. I find them much easier to use, and have switched from MOA to MILS because dividing by 10 is always straight forward.

For a hunting optic, it probably doesn't matter, but for long range hunting I don't believe the LRHSI can be beat.
              Since when does Bushnell make better scores then Burris?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

In that case since when does Simmons fail to perform? Like I said, it’s subjective, but as far as reviewed performance and preference, I’ve found Bushnell to be preferred among actual shooters. Preferred by how much? I challenge anyone to find any data for such a statement. I’ve read thousands of reviews this summer looking for generally well liked optics, and according to the reading I’ve done the Bushnell was the pick.

I’ve spent time at the range looking through either, and stand by that assessment. In my personal opinion, Bushnell has always had better optics on the top end of both companies. And since that’s what the OP asked for...
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Bigs28
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2016

Pootyng, it can be difficult to pick up the reticle on low magnification for ffp scopes without illumination. If your getting a 4-16 or 5-25 it might not matter like it does on a 1-8. On 1x my illuminated ffp works similarly to a red dot. At 8x i would rarely if ever turn on the illumination.

Comment

• Pootyng
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2018

Comment

• Bigs28
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2016

Nightforce nx8 in moa

Comment

• imaguy3
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dead Center Miss View Post
                        Since when does Bushnell make better scores then Burris?
                        The elite tactical line has always been better (the LRHSi is the hunting version of that line).

I had the 4.5-18 of the LRHSi and enjoyed it quite a bit. It tracked true and glass was clear and bright. I sold it only to upgrade to the HDMRII. I also enjoyed the reticle for close/low power hunting. The main crosshair was a little thick for my taste for long range hunting, I really like the small center dot type reticles like the H59.

Another scope to look at is the Forge 3-18. I like it a lot better than the LRHSi I had (even without the illumination). I like the reticle a ton more but it's also clearer imho. It also tracks true, has a ton of available travel, and good solid zero stops. I got it in their FFP version with their "Deploy FFP" reticle, it's their proprietary xmas tree reticle.
                        Last edited by imaguy3; 09-23-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2014

I have a brand new LHRSi for sale if anybody is needing one

Comment

• Pootyng
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2018

Comment

• Pootyng
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2018

Is it mil or moa?

Comment

Working...
                              X