Clear All
  • Nodak
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Gen1 PST or something else?

• grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Look at the pics of the reticles. I imagine they are 2 differing styles, one with dots and one with MOA hashmarks...
    which one do you like...
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Nodak
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Only option at this price is EBR-2C RETICLE (MOA). Was hoping to possibly find a lighter option close to 650 from Leupold or Sightron or someone.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

If you don't need illuminated reticle, look at the new tactical... has the ebr-2c MOA.
        Word is that it's the Viper but not illuminated...

Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane Riflescopes

The 4-16x44 is $350, the 6-24x50 is 499.

I picked one up from Midway.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

If that's true (non illuminated is the only difference) I'm not happy. I have yet to need illuminated, but bought the PST as I thought it was the better of the line, and one step under the Razor.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Nodak
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Comment

• Nodak
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

I sold my Burris today andended up ordering two scopes. Athlon Midas 4-20x50 and a Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50. Also ordered zero stop kits for both. The Sightron will go on my Grendel. 80moa will be handy way out there. I also figured I can use them on other rifles if I still want the Vortex. Oh, I have a Mueller Eradicate coming as well.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                If that's true (non illuminated is the only difference) I'm not happy. I have yet to need illuminated, but bought the PST as I thought it was the better of the line, and one step under the Razor.
                I've been told that the Viper HS-T is the non-illuminated PST. Same glass and both are made in the Philippines.
                Aren't the Strike Eagle, Diamondback and others made in China?

I've been shopping these scopes for a while. Opticsplanet has the Sightron S-TAC 4-20x50 (MOA-2 reticle) for $352 if you call for the Veteran discount.
                I just got a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 (VMR-1 MOA reticle) from Dvor for $500 - 10% with a coupon.

Edit: and the HS-T does come with brass shims for the zero stop.
                Last edited by Randy99CL; 10-04-2018, 07:16 AM.
                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• kcb38
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2017

One other difference is that the HST has a wire reticle and the HST is etched. The PST is also available in FFP but I don't think the HST is.

I have a Gen 1 6-24X PST SFP that I got as a refurb for $500 from A&A Optics. If I had to pay full price, I would've been hard pressed to make a choice between it and the Sightron SIII. The non-illuminated S3 can be had for about the same as the PST but I've seen some sales lately on the illuminated verson for $799. That's hard to beat.
                  - Kirk -

Comment

• ty_hooper12
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2017

The Diamondback series, both the FFP and SFP models, are made in the Philippines. The Crossfire line is made in China

Comment

Working...
                    X