• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarky
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2017

Optics for my Grendel build

I've been looking at several optics for my 16 inch Grendel build, the 2 I've been looking at are the Nikon 4x12 800 BCD, and the Primary Arms 3x18. Any recommendations?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Ultimately I think how you intend to use the scope determines which will be more beneficial or suitable. If this rifle is going to used for hunting where a minimum 4 power gives enough field of view and you want to use the BDC for making shots a various distances might be desireable. The BDC are useful if you don’t dial in the scope for distant targets. For most hunting situations 12 power is adequate magnification for seeing small varmints out to several hundred yards.

If your going to use this rifle in competition where your going to be shooting at close cqb distance then small obscured plates the 3 power is low enough for snap shooting but the 18 power is enough magnification to see small obscured targets.

My 16” 6.5 Grendel AR-15’s might get used in numerous situations and I put a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 with adjustable objective on my 16” Faxon. On my first 16” 6.5 Grendel I use a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 mil dot. Both scopes are in 20 MOA one piece mount since I live and shoot at lower elevations.

If there is a chance your going to shoot at longer range it might be benificial to check a ballistic calculator to see how the BDC matches up to the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• funnelcake
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

Japanese glass for $200 bucks...

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Moved to Optics forum.

Comment

Working...