PrimaryArms 'Platinum series' First Focal 1-8x ACSS reticle......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RANGER
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

PrimaryArms 'Platinum series' First Focal 1-8x ACSS reticle......

Saw these just came out. Interesting choice of three reticles for the new 1-8x24 Platinum Series.

I do like the ACSS reticle for a shorter hunting or self defense rifle as it looks like it allows for quick adjustments and hits at varying ranges and windspeed.

But, even though it is a First Focal plane reticle I'm really hesitant to spend that kind of money on a scope from Primary Arms.

I did drop $99 for a red dot the other day (some type of limited flash sale) as I thought that was a decent price for the newer 50K hour red dot.

But $1,300ish dollars for a Japanese scope with a sometimes questionable warranty is ......well, gives me pause.

Maybe they'll come way down for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
  • NeilVT79
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2018

Sounds like a great scope to me. Im not gonna tell you how to spend your money but I can tell you at 26.9 oz it's going to be an extremely rugged scope.
    Their Platinum line does have a lifetime warranty, the orignial ACSS platinum is on sale for 1,050 but I think the M2 Raptor is the cats ass and worth the $$.
    This scope would compare to a NightForce NX8 1-8 ffp ($1700) but with a far superior reticle.

Comment

• RANGER
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by NeilVT79 View Post
      Sounds like a great scope to me. Im not gonna tell you how to spend your money but I can tell you at 26.9 oz it's going to be an extremely rugged scope.
      Their Platinum line does have a lifetime warranty, the orignial ACSS platinum is on sale for 1,050 but I think the M2 Raptor is the cats ass and worth the $$.
      This scope would compare to a NightForce NX8 1-8 ffp ($1700) but with a far superior reticle.
      The NXS 1-8 is "rugged" at 17oz. At 26.9oz this thing is a boat anchor.

I'm not sure if that is due to thicker aluminum body or cheaper/heavier components inside. But the weight is the other thing that gives me pause.

I wish there was a similar reticle with the weight/quality of a Nightforce or at least a Leupold

Comment

• NeilVT79
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2018

The NightForce is a smaller scope, which would make the 9.9oz difference. The PA uses a 34mm tube, which gives you a huge eye box and larger FOV.

NightForce, Leupold, and PA all use factories in Japan, quality is relatively the same.

Comment

• 82HALO
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

After many years of leaving my GRSC 1-4 CRS on top of one of my back-up SOPMOD Block II DMR carbines in .223 Wylde, I pulled it off and Quick Attached it to my 12" Faxon group buy barreled pistol just as a place-holder until I find an ideal optics solution for the little blaster. Here are the goals I had specifically in

This, it comes as a 1x6 now!

Comment

• RANGER
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by 82HALO View Post
            Yes, the ACSS is definitely an improved version of the GRSC scope/reticle (so much so that Trijicon has it on some of their ACOGs)

It's not the reticle I have an issue with (actually, that is exactly why I want it)....it's the pricepoint for it.......it is usually a $300ish scope. At that point I'm ok with it. Now, granted this is a FFP vs. a SFP scope, but I'm still hesitant.

I guess it's like if McDonald's offered a Kobe steak on their menu for $250. Would you really try to buy "luxury" from someone who is known for selling "economical/cheap" stuff?

Comment

• jonny rotton
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

t rex reviews loves the primary arms platinum series scopes watch his reviews on it

Comment

• Cjflyer
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
                t rex reviews loves the primary arms platinum series scopes watch his reviews on it
                Rex loves the thing. In my opinion it does have one of the most functional reticule out their. It is not cheap by any means though.....

Comment

• jonny rotton
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

i bought a 1-6x ffp primary arms non platnium series. it was about $400. i havent used it much yet. i have too many grendels. today i turned a 308 into a 6.5 creedmore. its got a 20" heavy mcgowan barrel. it should get me waaaay out there.

Comment

• olde sarge
                    Warrior
                    • May 2014

Running a Primary Arms 1-6 non platinum with the K.I.S.S. reticle on my Faxon 20" group buy build. First night out shot a boar that weighed 207 lbs on the scales. Can't afford the Platinum but am really liking the cheaper one.

Comment

Working...
                    X