Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Solvent traps

• Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

You won't have any issues if used as intended. Just don't go drilling holes through it.

Comment

• Swampfox
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Ok

Comment

• joedirt199
        Warrior
        • Jul 2015

A bunch of the sites that used to sell those items got raided by the atf and shut down. A soda bottle on the end of the barrel does the same thing. Not saying you will get in trouble for having one, just that there are cheaper options to accomplish the same task.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Resulted in 40 search warrants in Australia, 2017 when the ATF cherry-picked all the Aussie customers from the digital data they were scraping off a US business selling these things. If you ever doubted the Government is compiling information about who you are and what you purchase this is it. While it was legal at the time to purchase these things in the US that didn't stop the US Govt passing on customer info to their buddies in Australia knowing it was illegal down under.

This thread will also be monitored.

Just use a plastic drink bottle if cleaning indoors.

Our mission is to protect Australia’s border and enable legitimate travel and trade.

Comment

• BjornF16
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

LOL...is oil filter importation banned also Klem?
            LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
            Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Afraid so...and plastic drink bottles and gaffa tape.

Comment

• Sinclair
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

I watched a youtube video of a lawyer being interviewed (criticized) for defending a career criminal. His response was eye opening. " In todays world, a couple of eager detectives in any well equipped medium sized Police Department can create enough bogus circumstances evidence to convect any one of any crime at any time." Be careful what you do, say, buy, or even look at, Big Brother is Watching.
                "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• Swampfox
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

It is a shame but it is true

Comment

• joedirt199
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2015

The businesses and homes that were raided, computers were taken and email, customer databases were what they were looking for. I believe one business was veteran owned. There are some still operating under the storage container with cups guise.

Comment

• jhoyda
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                      You won't have any issues if used as intended. Just don't go drilling holes through it.
                      Both my solvent traps have holes drilled in the ends

Of course I have two Form 1's to go with them.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

This isn't directed towards the solvent trap issue, but I have to chime in to say that as a lawyer I find the police and prosecutorial power wielded by the government (particularly federal) truly terrifying.

I am a civil litigator, but always thought that if I were to become involved in criminal law it would be on the prosecution side because I wouldn't be able to stomach defending scumbag criminals. Well, the partner I worked under for my first two years of practice did do some criminal defense work (mostly white collar crime but we also took some cases as essentially federal public defenders for drug offenders and the like), so I got first hand exposure to the system. Just in that short time I saw federal prosecutors ruin essentially good, normal people by threatening or actually prosecuting them for trumped up, nonsensical, technical offenses that would never have been charged if the feds didn't have an axe to grind or want leverage to go after someone else. Most people end up accepting a plea deal because when faced with potentially many years in prison and an unpredictable jury, pleading to a felony in exchange for a year or two of house arrest doesn't sound so bad even if you're innocent.

I was recently encouraged to apply for a position as a federal prosecutor but didn't because I knew from my experiences that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night over much of the work I would have to do. It's ironic and telling that I am much more afraid of the government now than I ever was before I was a lawyer. Moral of the story, if the government decides to go after you, they can ruin you with legal bills even if you don't accept a plea bargain and aren't convicted.

Rant complete.

Comment

Working...
                        X