• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NebSig
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2018

Railscales

Hey there,
    I just wanted to check if anyone is using/has used RailScales for handguard covers. Looking for feedback on real use of the G10 or polymer ones they offer. They look like a darn nice product, but the cost looks like it will add up quickly. As its sorta nail-polish type stuff, I wanted to get some first hand info prior to going overboard. The G10 scales in "Dragon" look pretty cool.
    Also, they offer a handstop that fits/matches them. I haven't had any experience with handstops and so that's another area I am looking for feedback. Whats the main use? Prevent hand from moving too far forward, or providing a small notch to push against? Tendency to get gear stuck on them?
    Sidenote - to my understanding, mounting a handstop to the handguard does not violate any governing agency rules regarding pistols. Anyone able to confirm this? Or does this sort of thing necessitate contact with the manufacturer or a letter to the governing agency?
    Any info on these two would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

From my reading, if the pistol length is less than 26" then use of a fwd handgrip makes it an "other" firearm and requires the $200 dollar tax stamp and registration. Mine measures 26.75" so I think I'm fine, but you might want to check on this for you.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• NebSig
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2018

RE: the use of a "handstop".
      Aside from handgrip and handstop being two completely separate things and featuring significant differences in design, function, looks, and use, this is part of the issue and why I was seeking clarification on the handstop - it is not sized to provide grip. It is merely sized to prevent hand slippage past the point of application. Ergo, asking for those with experience in the matter. But, I do appreciate the response and additional confirmation of some of the underlying "rules".

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

railscales are expensive. I used these g10 ones, from this seller, https://www.ebay.com/usr/ezpeachy?_t...72.m2749.l2754 ... On one panel it wouldn't tighten, they sent me a replacement. However the hardware they use still loosens, even with blue loctite, maybe mlok is better than their keymod.

I used these on my mlok and love them.. especially for the price. https://gnarlygorilla.com/bcm-rail-p...iABEgIeAfD_BwE

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

O. I haven't heard of handstops before, I thought you were referring to the vertical/angled foregrip... wasn't trying to muddy any waters.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X