• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • easterneag
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2014

Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42

Would anyone recommend one of these? Natchez has them on sale, ends tonight. Mil-dot (regular?) and G2B reticle. Which one do you think would better for target shooting mainly.

Thanks
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

easterneag, Scope preference is one of topics that can really stir things up....kinda like Ford V Chevy. At 71 I have used multiple examples from a lot of manufacturers. From Zeis, Kahles, Weaver, Redfield, Leupold, Burris, Tasco, Super Sniper, Nikon, Pentax, Swift, Vortex, Meopta and I am guessing you get my drift. Of all of the brands I have owned or my sphere of friends have owned Burris is the only brand that I have never had fail nor have I heard of one failing. I will probably hear from the horde on that. I wasn't familiar with that Model so I checked at www.swfa.com which is my go to site to research scopes since they carry a huge selection and have a good easily searched site. I found a number of Burris Scopes at that Magnification but not in their MTAC line so I can't comment on it. I will say that I have a Burris 1-8X24 XTR II (https://www.swfa.com/burris-1-8x24-x...pe-112684.html) on my Alexander Arms 20" Light Hunter and it is one of my favorite combinations and my go rifle for field carry. I do not think you will regret buying a Burris.

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

My curiosity got me and I went to Natchez https://www.natchezss.com/burris-mta...ack-matte.html and looked at that scope and it has a lot going for it. I like the turrets and it has Their POSI-LOk system and that is a helluva good price $219.99 marked down form $549. I just emailed the link to a friend of mine that is looking for a scope to go on a rifle he building for his youngest daughter.

Comment

• easterneag
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

Wheelguner, thanks for your respone. I've never owned a Burris. I've read good things about some of their other models, but could not find out much this one with the G2B reticle ($40.00 more). Thanks for pointing out the POSI-LOCAL system, didn't see that. The one negative is the A.O., not side focus, but I would be mainly shooting targets at known distances so not a big deal. At 220.00 and their warranty, I might take the chance.

Enter promo code PO181217 for an additional 10% off. $198.00 basically covers the shipping cost for me.
        Last edited by easterneag; 12-19-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• imaguy3
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

take it... I loved my mtac and it was bulletproof... never lost zero and it wasn't babied.

Comment

• easterneag
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2014

Thanks, I did, the one with the regular? reticle . The extra 10% pushed me over the edge.

Comment

• imaguy3
              Warrior
              • Mar 2018

I had a 1-4 mtac... different reticle options but still the same family

Comment

Working...
              X