• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilVT79
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2018

C-Products 7.62x39 30rd Mags

I thought I'd start a new thread to talk about these specific mags:

I've looked around here and haven't seen any mention of them.

I bought a bunch of them years ago when I made a 7.62x39 AR, so when I built my first 6.5 grendel I tried these mags and low and behold they worked great!
    They hold all 30 rounds and just work every time. I have since stocked up on them especially after our RINO Governer signed a bill banning high cap magazines.
    I have specific 6.5 mags: 5 round c-products for hunting, 15 and 25 round ASC 6.5, e-lander 17 round, and I have had feed issues with most of them, mostly the 5 rounders and the 25 rd ASC mags.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since these are my go-to mags, and they never fail in any of my Grendels. The only bad is they don't all drop free in all my lowers, and they are long, almost too long for prone.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Tryed one even after fixing the feed lips never could get it to run more then 10 rounds. Now my Cproducts grendel mags run perfectly after tweaking the trap door side feed lip.

Comment

• NeilVT79
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      Tryed one even after fixing the feed lips never could get it to run more then 10 rounds. Now my Cproducts grendel mags run perfectly after tweaking the trap door side feed lip.
      I've never modified any of the x39 mags and they just run.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by NeilVT79 View Post
        I've never modified any of the x39 mags and they just run.
        Don't know I was given that x39 mag still in the package and it never would work with more then 10 rounds, still got it somewhere's. My Cproducts grendel mags all needed the trap door side feed lip to be tweaked but other then that they hold 26 rounds plus one in the pipe and work perfectly.

Comment

• NeilVT79
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          Don't know I was given that x39 mag still in the package and it never would work with more then 10 rounds, still got it somewhere's. My Cproducts grendel mags all needed the trap door side feed lip to be tweaked but other then that they hold 26 rounds plus one in the pipe and work perfectly.
          Thanks for the feedback, A5, I'll stick by my recommendation. I'm being as objective as possible, I have over a dozen of these 30rd x39 mags and have put hundreds of rounds of 6.5 through them without so much of a hickup. I'm not familiar with a 26rd c products mag but glad to hear they work for you.

Comment

• Wanderson
            Warrior
            • Oct 2018

I have a bunch of CPD 20 & 30 round 7.62x39 mags and I loaded them up with 10 rounds of 6.5 Grendel but when stripping them out by hand they seemed to nosedive and hit the front of the mag. My CPD 26 round 6.5 Grendel seems to use the same mag body although the ribs may be spaced differently. For comparison I can hand strip Grendel from the CPD 6.5 just fine. I still want to try 6.5 Grendel from a 7.62x39 mag after my upper gets more rounds thru it.

FWIW when I first got into 7.62x39 thru an AR my buddy was running 7.62x39 thru a 25 round 6.5 Grendel ASC mag with a 7.62x39 follower just fine. I bought one and did the same and it never ran right thru mine.

Comment

• gastonglock21s
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2013

I tried the newer 30 round 7.62x39 CPD mags in my Grendel loaded to 30 rounds and they worked fine the few times I tried them.

YMMV

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Wanderson View Post
                ...when I first got into 7.62x39 thru an AR my buddy was running 7.62x39 thru a 25 round 6.5 Grendel ASC mag with a 7.62x39 follower just fine. I bought one and did the same and it never ran right thru mine.
                This seems to be the nature of things. I have a 17 round Elander mag that barely seats in my PF forged upper with PF BCG. It seats easily in my Rainier billet upper. Different tolerances I guess. Very discouraging though.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                X