Vortex strike eagle 3-18x44 SFP (MOA) scope - good scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Vortex strike eagle 3-18x44 SFP (MOA) scope - good scope?

So... the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-18x44mm Illuminated EBR-4 Reticle...
    Is this a good scope? It's SFP... I don't know where this falls into the vortex line-up, vipers, diamondbacks, etc...
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • Jakal
    Warrior
    • May 2014

I just went thru a scope finding session for a 6.5 creedmoor I'm building and did compare the scope you mentioned with this one...https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-3-18x...-6-5cm-reticle

Went with the Primary Arms, lifetime warranty shouldn't need to use it though.

The Strike Eagle would be a great scope. Its
    a new model in the StrikeEagle scopes from what I understand. Primary Arms has a similar model also. I think its FFP and illuminated also.
    ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• FRB6.5
      Warrior
      • Oct 2018

It falls in-between the viper and diamondback lines price and feature wise. No hands on with it, but same lifetime warranty as the rest of their products so hard to go wrong if the price is right.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

I'm an MOA guy, have used that all along... People really like the 1-6's and 1-8's strike eagles.
        Plus this 3-18x44 is on clearance at midway... $356.
        Might be hard for me to pass up.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Jakal
          Warrior
          • May 2014

This will be my first FFP scope. More interested in how the FFP works and that subtensions are held thru-out the magnification range. I'm sure it won't compare to my Zeiss Conquest HD5, but its only about 1/3rd the cost.

I called Optics Planet and they gave me $110 of list price + a $25.00 gift card for the 3-18.

This one they dropped to $200.00
          Shop our catalog of Rifle Scopes. Find AK 47, AR 308, & AR 15 scopes from Primary Arms, Trijicon, Vortex & more. Available in BDC, MOA, MIL, ACSS & more.
          ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

Working...
          X