• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Labrat198
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Cantilever Scope Mounts

I see everything from Amazon special airsoft crap for $20 all the way up to Spuhr's that push $400+. Primary use is hunting, but I want something that will allow me to see just how far I can reach on the shooting range too. I don't plan on popping it off and on very often so I don't see any advantage to a Quick Disconnect mount. I "just" need a mount that will give me a solid hold without messing around. Looking at Warne 1 piece Gen 2 or Vortex Viper Extended mount but wanted to see if there are any others in the $100-150 range that would better or if I should look at jumping up into the $200 range.
  • FRB6.5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2018

About $140 and as solid as they get.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Leupold mark 2 mount should beable to find it online just under 100 bucks good sold mount.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-13-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Lightning8
          Warrior
          • Jun 2015

AERO Precision. I have multiple on my rifles.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

I run only AP mounts, but then I drank me some O that Larue LT204 kool-aid... With their return-to-zero QD levers, I'm sharing the good glass between rifles, selling off my mid-tier glass. Unless you need 20MOA, it's a very good deal at $140...
            Last edited by AZHTfreak; 01-13-2019, 06:11 PM.
            DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Jakegsxr11
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

I dislike my aero ultralight. I like my Burris PEPR (it's heavy though). I'm thinking of trying the vortex sport next. I would buy the PEPR or SWFA SSALT again if it was lighter.

Comment

• SDW
                Warrior
                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by FRB6.5 View Post
                https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

About $140 and as solid as they get.
                Originally posted by AZHTfreak View Post
                I run only AP mounts, but then I drank me some O that Larue LT204 kool-aid... With their return-to-zero QD levers, I'm sharing the good glass between rifles, selling off my mid-tier glass. Unless you need 20MOA, it's a very good deal at $140...
                If the scope is really going to stay on the rifle semi-permanently, maybe the Larue VFZ version of their excellent 104 mount is the way to go. It's the non-quick-release version of the 104. The price is $160, so it is a little more money than the new 204. I kinda wonder why that is, I'll admit.

Last edited by SDW; 01-14-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Labrat198
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

The LaRue mounts appear to have a really good reputation. The variation of price between the different models has me rather confused though, which makes me ask more questions. Looks like the most feature rich mount is also the cheapest? Am I correct in thinking the only difference between the LT204 and LT104 is the Thumb Nuts on the LT204?

The VFZ mount for the LT104 is more in line with what I was initially looking for. I plan on it being semi-permanent, so the levers on the QD mounts just add bulk and something to snag for this particular set up, although it may be worth saving $20 to cover shipping or a box of ammo.

No need for additional MOA mount at this time. 600 yards would be a really long shot for me at this stage.

Comment

• FRB6.5
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2018

Because the LT204 is new they are pushing it. There is a difference with the base as well, has a single full length lug at the rear Vs two smaller center lugs on the 104. The 204 works better with non standard pic rails such as VSeven and others with lowered centers. The C.A.N. nut system is a great change, I hope they offer retrofit kits for their other mounts, especially for bipod use. I move those around more than I do my scopes.

mounts.jpg
                    Last edited by FRB6.5; 01-14-2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• SDW
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Yeah that's what I was getting at. It's oddly reasonably priced for a Larue product (their awesome trigger notwithstanding). Might be that they want to get it out there and noticed so they get some military contracts. They pretty much say they developed it to compete for that.

What's really weird is how they price it. Unlike the 104, which is straightforward at $210 for the mount plus rings, then you choose your ring size, the 204 is offered as the mount "only" at $99, but then they force you to buy a set of rings for $40 or whatever. That's a really weird way of doing things. But I guess it's not the first time they've done something kinda odd. They price their barrels at $XXX but then they want $20 more for M4 feed ramps. That blows my mind. M4 feed ramps can't cost any more to them than the "rifle" ramps. Plus it's really unlikely that anyone wants rifle ramps nowadays, so it's an automatic upcharge as far as I can tell.

Sorry. Sounded like a rant. I shouldn't do that. I have two of their mounts and they're great. I only wish that they'd let you buy the 204 without ramps. I actually have an extra set of 1" Larue rings. It would be nice to be able to buy just a base.

Comment

• maxxmojo
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2016

The Nightforce Unimount is the best no-frills lightweight solid mount I've come across, but it's kinda spendy at $250+. I also like the Geissele Super Precision mounts and I've picked them up when they've had 25 - 50% off or whatever sales.

As an aside, I've found out the hard way it's better to have a 20moa mount and not need it than to need a 20moa mount and not have it.

Comment

• FRB6.5
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                          Yeah that's what I was getting at. It's oddly reasonably priced for a Larue product (their awesome trigger notwithstanding). Might be that they want to get it out there and noticed so they get some military contracts. They pretty much say they developed it to compete for that.

What's really weird is how they price it. Unlike the 104, which is straightforward at $210 for the mount plus rings, then you choose your ring size, the 204 is offered as the mount "only" at $99, but then they force you to buy a set of rings for $40 or whatever. That's a really weird way of doing things. But I guess it's not the first time they've done something kinda odd. They price their barrels at $XXX but then they want $20 more for M4 feed ramps. That blows my mind. M4 feed ramps can't cost any more to them than the "rifle" ramps. Plus it's really unlikely that anyone wants rifle ramps nowadays, so it's an automatic upcharge as far as I can tell.

Sorry. Sounded like a rant. I shouldn't do that. I have two of their mounts and they're great. I only wish that they'd let you buy the 204 without ramps. I actually have an extra set of 1" Larue rings. It would be nice to be able to buy just a base.
                          Try calling them and asking, I'd bet they would since you have rings.

Comment

• Klem
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SDW View Post

SDW,

Don't be sorry, I don't have a high opinion of their business model either. But they do make good kit.

What you're referring to is called 'drip pricing'. Hotels and airlines are notorious for doing it. They suck you in with a bait price and then incrementally increase the price as you go through the checkout process. Where I live it is now illegal because it wastes consumers time and effort and basically is a form of misleading. Larue has always been strong on marketing and branding tactics. Just read the patronizing, cheesy sales blurb for the 204 and the use of odd/even pricing strategy ($99. instead of $100).

That said. I once rang and asked if they would sell me rings by themselves before they advertised them as an accessory. They were most accommodating so why don't you ring them for the base only.

Comment

• imaguy3
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2018

On one gun I use this mount with the qd... it truly does repeat to less than 1/2 moa and I like how low profile the lever is.

GG&G's FLT Scope Mount with 30mm Integral Rings is a lightweight mount that quickly allows you to remove or install your SPR rifle's scope. This Special Purpose Rifle mount comes in QD and Bolt-On Models.

On my Grendel I use the vortex precision mount and it works just fine, as long as you don't want to remove it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X