• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Redfield Scopes

Does anyone have any info on Redfield scopes. Wondering if they are shutting down. I went to their page and nothing was there. Ive had very good luck with them since leupold brought them back.
  • FRB6.5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2018

Can't find an official announcement but it looks like the brand was discontinued sometime in 2015.

EDIT:
    One vendor said he did receive a 2018 price list with some models still available:
    I stopped at the LaVista Cabelas today and they had a bunch of Redfield revolutions in the Bargain Cave labeled "discontinued". I picked up a 2-7x33 since the price was right and I really like the Revolution series. Has anyone heard similar news?

The Redfield site hasn't been updated since 2015 and larger sites like Optics Planet list everything as no longer available, my guess it is new old stock that remains. Leupold does seem to be honoring the warranty and has sent their scopes as replacements when needed.
    Last edited by FRB6.5; 01-16-2019, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• SDW
      Warrior
      • Jul 2018

By sheer coincidence I looked at their site recently and noticed it had gotten a lot smaller than I remembered. I was looking into getting another Redfield. I have the Revolution 4-12x with the Accu-Range reticle, and I really like it. It's light as hell and the glass quality is plenty good enough for my needs. I was thinking of either getting the 2-7x or the 3-9x version to put on an old Winchester Model 54 that was my dad's.

FWIW, they seem to the the only company who states in the manuals the actual magnifications on their scopes, not just the rounded up/down numbers.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
        Warrior
        • Nov 2017

If you look at the fine print on their web site it says:

*Redfield Accelerator, Counterstrike, Revenge, and Battlezone products have been discontinued.
        Notice that the Revolution is not listed. This is the USA made model. Vendors are still getting them in stock, so basically Leopold isn't saying if they have discontinued that model or not. My guess is that they still have some old stock to sell, but I'm hoping that they keep making that one particular line.

I think that the Revolution with the Accu-Range reticle is a great hunting scope for the money. You can pick them up for under $200 if you shop around. They are USA made, light, have great quality glass and are backed by Leopold's warranty. It would be a shame to see them go.
        Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• TNhuntsman
          Warrior
          • Nov 2018

Good scopes for the money, have a 3-9 accurange on my muzzleloader and my Saiga .308 and I've been happy with them and the reticle works well for those rifles.

Comment

• Goochylogic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

I’ve got 3) 3x9-50 with the accurange recticle. Mostly on shorter range guns, slugguns and muzzleloaders. Just a fine scope. I also have 2 of the revenge scopes. Even though lower priced, I have zero complaints with them. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Working...
            X