Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines

Would a 7.62x39 magazine for the AR-15 feed 6.5 Grendel ammunition?
    Where have you found the best prices on Grendel magazines?
    Thanks
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wch View Post
    Would a 7.62x39 magazine for the AR-15 feed 6.5 Grendel ammunition?
    Where have you found the best prices on Grendel magazines?
    Thanks
    No, too much difference in body taper. Alexander Arms generally has the best prices overall. Occasionally 44mag.com has good prices if they have them in stock.

Comment

palmetto state armory has decent prices, also.

MLM

Comment

I've read on the forum somewhere that the 6.8spc mags work with the Grendel, any truth to that?

Comment

• leopard6.5

Whelenon: I had heard that before also about the 6.5 & 6.8 C products mags. but I never actually saw them side-by-side.

They look the same in the pictures with just a different printing in the blue plastic follower but there may be an actual dimensional difference in the molded blue follower.
          Hopefully someone who has actually had them in their hands and tried to load 6.5 rounds into the 6.8 mag. will jump in and let us know.

I had thought about buying some of the 6.8 C Products mags. when 44mag.com was clearing them out but I didn't want to get stuck with something that didn't work.
          I don't want to jinx myself but I've never had any of the problems with the 6.5 C products that some people have reported and I've owned three generations of them.

Good luck.

Lee

Comment

• Sojorboy
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Lee, I've read while researching the Grendel that the 6.8 mags will work if you change the follower to a 6.5. I have no experience with this though just sharing my research.

SB

Comment

• m796rider
              Warrior
              • Jul 2011

I have a bunch of C-Products stainless steel 25 round 6.8SPC magazines that work just fine with my 6.5 Grendel rifles. Nothing needs to be changed - the followers are identical for the 6.5 and 6.8 mags other than markings. I would recommend you look into an ISMI mag spring upgrade or similar, as some of the C-Products springs are weak and may cause misfeeds.

Comment

Working...
              X