• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Taz575 View Post
    There are some Athlon Midas BTR 2.5-15 scopes available for $250 at cameralandny if you are looking for one!
    Second Focal Plane but, still not a bad price.... thanks for the heads up.

― George Orwell

Comment

• Taz575
      Warrior
      • Jul 2018

Yeah, I prefer SFP for hunting. Easier to see the crosshairs at low power.

Comment

• mdewitt71
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Taz575 View Post
        Yeah, I prefer SFP for hunting. Easier to see the crosshairs at low power.
        Oh yea, I still run SFP scopes for some applications.
        No knock to them at all.
        I might even snag one of these for my Daughters next build if they still have the deal in a month or so.
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Just my luck, was hoping to get it out and do a box test at 100 yards but, we got hit with winter weather again......
          Hopefully next week will be able to play with it more.
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Rebels010
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
            Larue calls for 30# of torque on their one piece mount and I followed the mounting instructions, anyways, the Argos will be in a DNZ one-piece on my Savage .308 PC carbine when it gets back, shouldn't have any problems then.
            There was a thread on arfcom where a guy cracked his glass of his Vortex Razor (I think) using the larue torque settings. Vortex being vortex replaced it of course. They told him to do the bottom of the larue mounts first at 30, and the top at 16-18.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Rebels010 View Post
              There was a thread on arfcom where a guy cracked his glass of his Vortex Razor (I think) using the larue torque settings. Vortex being vortex replaced it of course. They told him to do the bottom of the larue mounts first at 30, and the top at 16-18.
              That's what I discovered, tighten the bottom to 30 and the top to less than 20. The parallax knob started feeling resistance at 25 in-lbs and won't go to the 10 yard setting at 30 in-lbs.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Vortex puts a tag on all their scopes (at least the ones I've bought) saying to keep ring screws to 16-18 in-lb max.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• mdewitt71
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                  Vortex puts a tag on all their scopes (at least the ones I've bought) saying to keep ring screws to 16-18 in-lb max.
                  Yea, manufacturer limits are there for a reason I guess........
                  Kind of like buying the cheap clone copies of precision mounts and expecting them to hold the same torque limit; oooops.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X