Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MF'nLeadFarmer

Burris PEPER 1" with 30mm inserts?

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

I'm mounting this optic with Burris PEPR QD. I was thinking about buying the 1" version and running some LaRue 30mm inserts. The reason I want to is that I could potentially mount a 1" scope if I change my mind or find something else. I figure buying one mount and the inserts I could potentially run 2 different diameters. Thoughts?

That being said, the inserts will cost half as much as another Burris PEPR.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Do I understand you to mean that you want to use a 30mm scope in a 1" mount? If so, then that won't work as 30mm is larger than 1 inch. You can only use 1 inch inserts in a 30mm mount.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• MF'nLeadFarmer

Yes thank you. I got my numbers backwards. Any advice or experience?

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Well, I'd just get the 30mm mount and scope if those are the ones you want to use. I doubt you'll need the 1" inserts, but getting them wouldn't hurt anything if you decided to ditch the scope and needed a mount for a 1 inch scope down the road. Of course--- I'm sure you could always just buy the 1 inch inserts later at the same time as you theoretically bought the 1 inch scope...

The main reason people usually buy 1 inch inserts for a 30mm mount is because they only have a 1 inch scope at the time of the mount purchase, and anticipate moving up to a better 30mm scope when funds will allow it later.
        Last edited by Variable; 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I mounted a burris 1" scope with the 30MM PEPR with the EGW 1 inch inserts and it worked find.

One thing you should know is that the PEPR rings are wider than Larue, so if you use the inserts you will have a little bit of a gap.

I ordered everything from www.joeboboutfitters.com, free shipping on everything over $90.

Comment

• MF'nLeadFarmer

Found the QD model here for the same price as the non-QD version AND free shipping.

Comment

Look at the review for botach under grendel discussion. Not very good.

This probably isn't the right forum to post this under, but......... About a month ago, I ordered a Burris PEPR scope mount for my Grendel. Botach had the best price by about 20% over everyone else..... about $66 for the quick release PEPR mount. A day after I ordered it, I received an email that the item is not in stock and
              Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MF'nLeadFarmer View Post
                http://m.botachtactical.com/buarmo.html

Found the QD model here for the same price as the non-QD version AND free shipping.
                Check the thread Costa listed. I stated that thread. It took 2 months to get the mount from botach.i really never thought it would come. You can't reach their customer service; you have to leave a message. When I did get a call back, they suggested I just cancel the order. Nice! The savings isn't worth the time or frustration. Buy from midway.

Comment

• MF'nLeadFarmer

Thanks for the advice. I orderd some parts from them before and had the same experience. I thought it was an isolated incident. They did the same thing where they just told me to cancel my order. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                  X