• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poldo
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

cheapo NC star BDC question

So i had the opportunity to get a new NC star Mark III gen 2 tactical scope , pretty decent optics, hold zero , nice solid mount with quick detach lever for just $30 amazon sells it for $66
    now the scope has a BDC which is calibrated for 2.33/5.56 I was wondering if anyone has the same or similar scope and has opened it to re calibrate for the 6.5 grendel
    obviously i wouldn't touch a better scope but this one I wouldn't feel bad if i mess it up.. for educational purposes lol
  • imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

no... don't... just stop...

If you want to use it, just practice on the range and figure out at what distance the BDC works with the gun you're using.

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

On one scope I had no idea on how close it would be with another cartridge I marked lines I could see through the scope on some paper, "measured" the distance between those lines and compared it to ballistic program with my bullet and velocity. That got me close out to 400 but did not try that scope any further. On that one what I guessed would be 400 was actually 370.

Like above never know until you try it. A lot of the less expensive scopes and some more expensive scopes the magnification is not always spot on or even close which on a SFP scope can mess with you as well.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

You're wasting your time with a NC Star scope. The moment you start dialing with it, it won't return to zero with any degree of repeatability, and that's if the reticle decides to stay in place.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bronsonburner
          Warrior
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          You're wasting your time with a NC Star scope. The moment you start dialing with it, it won't return to zero with any degree of repeatability, and that's if the reticle decides to stay in place.
          That. Also every NC Star scope I ever looked through had horrible clarity with a weird bluish tint. Save up and get something you can be proud of. No free lunch when it comes to optics.

Comment

• 41bear
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Rifle scopes are one of those items that you really do "get what you pay for." Always buy the best you can afford and you'll never go wrong.
            "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

Working...
            X