Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

Need some sling suggestions.

I have two rifles I would like some sling suggestions on please.
    My Grendel has a Magpul UBR stock and I have been using my TPod at the range. I was considering the Magpul MS2 Multi Mission sling.

I also have an R-15 with a Harris 1A2 ultralight bipod.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

My preference is the Vtac padded 2-point sling with push button swivels. (LaRue sling is also made by Vtac.)

I like one swivel base on the side near the rear of the stock, and the other on the side towards the rear of the handguard. Limited rotation is preferred, at least on the forward swivel base.
    Drifter

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by vanguard138 View Post
      I have two rifles I would like some sling suggestions on please.
      My Grendel has a Magpul UBR stock and I have been using my TPod at the range. I was considering the Magpul MS2 Multi Mission sling.

I also have an R-15 with a Harris 1A2 ultralight bipod.

Thanks,
      Eric
      Eric:

Wish it was that simple but slings, like sights and stocks, are more of a single use type of affair. The question remains 'what do you want it for?'

LR1955

Comment

• vanguard138

LR1955,

To carry while hunting. Going to be doing some coyote hunting. Was nott a concern at the range or on my tower stand.

Comment

What brand QDs are you using?

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by vanguard138 View Post
            LR1955,

To carry while hunting. Going to be doing some coyote hunting. Was nott a concern at the range or on my tower stand.
            VG:

That's why I asked. In your case, I would certainly look at cannibalizing a old gym bag or duffel bag that has a carry strap that is long enough, adjustable, and is easily connected to the front and rear swivels. Those things are pretty durable and strong, yet we tend to take them off the bag because most guys don't sling them over a shoulder and they tend to get tangled.

Or, buy a surplus M-1 Garand Sling for eight or ten dollars. Strong, easily clips on to one of the swivels, adjustable with one hand. Another decent option is an old M-60 MG sling providing you can get one for under ten dollars. I sure wouldn't spend more than ten dollars for a sling if all I wanted was something to let me carry the rifle over a shoulder.

LR55

Comment

Working...
            X