• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimla
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

Grendel Magazine Loading Tool or Techniques

I don't have too much strength in my hands, I have been have been having problems getting the last two rounds in 10 round Grendel magazines. Does anyone have suggestions of Grendel magazine loading products or Techniques to fill the magazine completely full?
    Last edited by Jimla; 05-05-2019, 07:35 AM.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Who's mags?

Comment

• Jimla
      Warrior
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      Who's mags?
      AR-STONER Magazine AR-15 6.5 Grendel with Anti Tilt Follower Stainless Steel Black

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Off-hand I would suggest the Mag-lula for the 556, I used it a lot for 556 and for 6.8 mags... not so much right now in the Grrrr b/c not shooting full mags much at the range, but I have it in case I need to go there.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jimla View Post
          AR-STONER Magazine AR-15 6.5 Grendel with Anti Tilt Follower Stainless Steel Black

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/35...scription-link
          Yea just download it to 8 rounds, life will be much simpler.

That are start cutting the spring back one coil at a time until it works.

Comment

• Wanderson
            Warrior
            • Oct 2018

If you go with a Maglula, there’s a 7.62x39 AR version out. It’s easier to use than the .223 AR version as the lobes that push the rounds down are larger to accommodate the larger 7.62x39 case, perfect for 6.5Grendel. I use Maglula loaders for multiple platforms and pistol mags, they work well and are easy to use.

Comment

• Jimla
              Warrior
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              Yea just download it to 8 rounds, life will be much simpler.

That are start cutting the spring back one coil at a time until it works.
              I often only put 3-5 rounds in at a time, but i was doing a 10 target ladder that day.

Comment

• Jimla
                Warrior
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Wanderson View Post
                If you go with a Maglula, there’s a 7.62x39 AR version out. It’s easier to use than the .223 AR version as the lobes that push the rounds down are larger to accommodate the larger 7.62x39 case, perfect for 6.5Grendel. I use Maglula loaders for multiple platforms and pistol mags, they work well and are easy to use.
                I ordered a Maglula UpLULA Magazine Speed Loader 7.62 x 39 LULA Mag LU12B.

Thank You all for the help!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jimla View Post
                  I often only put 3-5 rounds in at a time, but i was doing a 10 target ladder that day.
                  This is why o only use cpd mags now. Their high cap mags might need a lil feed lip tweak and they are mislabeled as 28 rounders but are accutaly 26 rounders. Their lower cap mags the 10 rounders I use for hunting have been perfect and they easly hold 10 rounds.

Comment

• Bronsonburner
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2018

You're not trying to load them like a pistol mag by chance (coming down then sliding the round back)? Load them like any other AR mag and its easy. Just place the round on top and push straight down. I say this cause I had a bud new to ARs trying the pistol method and it was giving him fits. When I showed him the easy way his jaw dropped lol. Just a suggestion.

Comment

• Mesa1978
                      Warrior
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                      Off-hand I would suggest the Mag-lula for the 556, I used it a lot for 556 and for 6.8 mags... not so much right now in the Grrrr b/c not shooting full mags much at the range, but I have it in case I need to go there.
                      I use this and it works well.

Comment

• Jimla
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Bronsonburner View Post
                        You're not trying to load them like a pistol mag by chance (coming down then sliding the round back)? Load them like any other AR mag and its easy. Just place the round on top and push straight down. I say this cause I had a bud new to ARs trying the pistol method and it was giving him fits. When I showed him the easy way his jaw dropped lol. Just a suggestion.
                        I could have been loading like a pistol mag, very long time pistol owner but new to AR. The Maglula should fix the problem either way.

Comment

Working...
                        X