• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Axeon second zero

I saw this demonstrated on Guns and Ammo T.V. and thought it may be a useful thing to have.
    It's listed on Axeon's web site for around $80.00 and they say they can do custom setups for longer ranges like one mile.
    If someone here on the forum has first hand experience please give us an evaluation on how you like/dislike it.

The Axeon Second Zero is a precision optical device that gives any rifle shooter an instant additional zero distance whether in a hunting or tactical application.

The Second Zero is the fastest bullet drop compensator system. It shifts a target image by the same amount a bullet drops giving you an additional zero distance.
    Last edited by Lemonaid; 11-25-2019, 12:26 AM.
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Never seen something like that before.I’d like to know more about it as well.
    Thanks for posting.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Interesting. For a single cross-hair reticle, maybe an option. It introduces another variable and another piece-part.
      For scopes with stadia lines (correct term?) MOA or mil, I'm not sure how necessary it is.
      For instance on one of my rifles, with the strike eagle 3-18, I've got cross-hair marks (MOA) at 100 (zero), 246, 301, 352, 400 etc, plus I just came in from the field and I like how that scope performed. Now for now I'm not anticipating more than about 300 yds with this gun... so maybe for some folks it might be an option but for me, at this point at least, not so much. If they made one at 2, 3, or 4 MOA vice 4.3, might be a better choice, but just my opinion.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Speculating on the possible advantages for me.
        My scope has stadia for 22 moa or 800 yards. The Nosler 90 Varmageddon pushed to 2900 fps or so matches fairly well.
        If I wanted to get hits at 1000 yards, the added 11.5 moa should be close (34.4 moa needed).
        For a red dot it would be very advantageous.
        I have only tested my scope stadia at 300 yards and found it a bit troublesome to keep it on the 3rd stadia as my natural habit of using the center cross hairs. Keeping track of which mark to use (was it six marks or five? In all the confusion I lost track myself. Are you feeling lucky?) on a dark target makes it even worse.
        If you set up your scope for maximum point blank range, flipping up the Axeon could instantly extend that range.
        Ramble over!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

I had a different response. I don't like their marketing. However, for that it is, the concept is nifty, but they make it seem simpler than it is.

I could readily see folks engaging the unit or forgetting to engage the unit and firing thinking it was in the opposite position. There is nothing displayed in your FOV that will tell you that the optic is engaged and that you aren't shooting to your actual zero.
          Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 12-07-2019, 04:03 AM.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Javman
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

On the vids I've seen the one made to clamp on a rail seemed more consistent than the one clamped on the scopes objective bell.

Comment

Working...
            X