• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treeclmr
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2020

Looking for a supressor

Hello,
    I am looking to purchase a suppressor for my new Grendel. There are many many options out there, but I don't know which ones are good.
    I am trying to keep costs at or below $1000 with a tax stamp. Also, I am planning to hunt with it, so I don't want a ton of weight added to my rifle.
    Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I got a silencerco Omega .30 a few yrs back.Got it for my 300 BO.Paid a little over $1000 range w/tax stamp.$1029? Anyway it is a great suppressor.I love it.
    I liked the the place I bought it from too.They only required me to pay the $200 tax stamp and 10% down on the suppressor.I had till the day it arrived to pay it off.Looking at average of 9-12 mo in FL.Mine arrived in around 10 mo .I have heard of folks getting them as soon as 6 mo and as late as 15mo.
    I use the Omega mostly for hunting hogs.Have used it at the range on different rifles.But,I won’t use it on the crowded range where I have to wear my hearing protection.What would be the point?

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

I use a thunder beast arms ultra 7 and am very happy with it. I will get another one when I'm ready.

Comment

• treeclmr
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2020

I was looking at the Harvest 300, but I do think the Omega suppressor is a bit better and shorter than the Harvester but is $350 cheaper.
        I guess I better pick up some extra shifts.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

With suppressors like harvester vs omega, in my opinion your paying for weight. The omega is titanium and i think the harvester was aluminum combined with something else. Just going off memory. If your ok with a few extra ounces then the harvester should be gtg.

Comment

• imaguy3
            Warrior
            • Mar 2018

If you don't want the quietest.. but do want one of the smallest out there.. the Sandman K is worth a look. I wanted one for hunting, and with a solid mounting system that would be repeatable. I have zero complaints, super repeatable, and puts you under $1000.

I recently added their E-Brake on the end of it, adds an inch or so but definitely quiets it down too.

The S is a little bigger but better on the sound side of things.

Comment

• treeclmr
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2020

Looking at the website, it seems like the omega also reduced more noise.

Comment

• FALer
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2019

Are you going for full time suppression, or do you want to be able to take it on and off quickly to use on other guns or for transport? (Thread mount or QD)

If weight is an issue, just know in advance that many if not most QD mounts add an extra 4 ish oz. to the weight of the suppressor itself.

And also don't expect "quiet" because it won't be, it'll still be loud. It will take the edge off the noise though and I do think it's worth it.
                Last edited by FALer; 01-03-2020, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

Have you looked at the YHM Resonator R2, 7.8" with the QD adapter and 16.8 oz with the QD adapter.
                  I'm going to try to buy one today and get a direct thread as it should make it shorter and lighter.
                  For the R2, sales tax, one shot trust, direct thread adapter and tax stamp I should be right around $835.
                  Just another option for you to research.

Comment

• treeclmr
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2020

Thank you, I will look into it.

Comment

• treeclmr
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2020

I am looking for one that I can take off for transport. The suppressor is mostly for hearing protection while hunting. But also, the family land that I shoot at is somewhat oval. Because of this, the longest ranges are either towards the neighbors and their pigs or away from the neighbors and the pigs. I want to keep the noise I make near them down so I won't disturb them too much.

Comment

• imaguy3
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by treeclmr View Post
                        I am looking for one that I can take off for transport.
                        That's why I went with the dead air system. I shot this group at 100 yards. I took the suppressor off and put it back on between each shot. It's as repeatable as it gets.

Comment

• rumaco19
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2019

Silencer Central, formerly Dakota Silencers by the Mack Brothers is fantastic. I use the Varminter 30 (now called the Banish 30) which is a length adjustable multi-caliber suppressor. I use the 30 caliber on my 300 BO, my Ruger Precision .22, my 6.5 Grendal and my .223. Very easy to take apart and clean. My stamp wait was nearly 15 months but worth it in the end.20191129_142659.jpg

Comment

• SSK shooter
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2015

I have 2 of the SilencerCo Omega's. Love them. They are higher priced than the Harvester but supposed to be better. I am waiting on my Harvester big bore to be let out of paperwork hell, so it will be a while before I can do a head to head comparison. Don't have first hand experience with YHM, but a guy I shoot with regularly has a couple of them and for the money they seem to be very good.

Comment

• Wheelhorse
                              Warrior
                              • May 2014

Silencerco Omega here. They're full auto rated, and they all can't claim that. That's got to mean something.

Only regret I have is not buying a can several years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X