• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoStrokeTyrant
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2019

Handguard Suggestions

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I am also new to the 6.5 Grendel(and precision/long range shooting in general). I have decided to build a 6.5G upper for an existing Noveske lower that is was built for a .223 SPR build I did. I have decided to go with JP Enterprises for all of the upper parts(receiver, barrel, bolt/bcg, gas block)except for their handguard as I just do not really dig their offerings. It is going to be a 22 inch barreled upper. I want something sturdy but still lightweight as it will be a bench/range gun but also a coyote/hog gun that will be humped through Texas brush. I would also prefer M-LOK compatibility as this is what I use on my other rifles and carbines. I am looking at the offering from Grendel Hunter as it seems to meet my requirements while being pretty affordable but I am not certain of the quality or the integrity of its mount-up. Looking for suggestions in the 18-20 inch range that are free floated and right around the $150-$175 mark. Thank you for your time
    Last edited by TwoStrokeTyrant; 01-02-2020, 08:39 PM.
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Seekins SP3Rv3 Rail System or NOXs

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Midwest Industries, when I want to go over $100 but stay reasonable. If under a c-buck, the matrix HGs from joebob's.
      But definitely you should consider the Midwest indus, they have a couple in M-lok.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Bustedknuckles
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2019

I highly recommend something in carbon fiber. I just bought my first one and it's fantastic! I think it's made by precision reflex. Really light, makes a 20" barrel balance well, nice for off hand shooting.

Comment

• PNWTargets
          Warrior
          • Dec 2019

I agree on carbon fiber for certain applications. I am using a Faxon carbon fiber handguard on my Grendel and plan on using the same one on the next Grendel build.

Comment

• TwoStrokeTyrant
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2019

I appreciate everyone?s input. I think I am going to go with the Seekins. I am still tentatively considering the Lancer carbon fiber offering though. I will just have to see what I can spend by the time I actually get the build underway

Comment

Working...
            X