• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoStrokeTyrant
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2019

Scope Suggestions/Burris XTR II FFP 4-20

I am looking for a suitable scope for an upcoming 22 inch Grendel build. Does anyone have any experience with the Burris XTR II 4-20 FFP? I can get it for under $900 and it seems like everything that I am wanting. If anyone has any experience/opinions on this optic or suggestions for another comparable option around the $1K mark, I would like to hear it. Thank you
  • RobUrban
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

Have you looked into the athlon scopes they have many ffp options under 1k. I have had 2 so far ares btr and midas tac. They also have the cronus line made in japan I believe around 1k. I have been very pleased with my scopes thus far.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

I used to shoot with a guy who had an XTR in 5-25x50. It was on a Remington bolt action .308 he built.He used it out to 850 yrds.I looked through it.The glass was clear.Not sure if it was FFP.But,it was MRAD. Philippines glass. Probably in the same class as a Viper PST FFP.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Not a dang thing I can say to deter you from your choice in the XTR-II. Pretty heavy? Otherwise, just about as good a workhorse optic as you can ask for. Dials, tracks, holds, durable, warranty. Good to go.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Moose69
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2019

Quite a few of the guys shooting in the PRS comps seem to be liking them, disclaimer these are the boys who play on their own dime and are not sponsored.

Comment

• maxxmojo
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

Had one on my 18" Grendel for a while. Only complaint I have about it was the weight. I didn't like how the rifle balanced with it on, felt too top heavy for my liking. I've since replaced it but I'm keeping it for a target bolt action that's on my to-do list.

Comment

Working...
            X