Scope mounting suggestions for AR build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mustangfreek
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by drewthebrave View Post
      I'll still keep an Aero Ultralight mount on my wife's lightweight carbine with 1-4x, since the weight savings is more beneficial to her and is adequate for her use (90% within 100 yards).
      I have an Aero mount on my S&W M&P 15-22. It's perfect on that platform. It keeps a light weight rifle light for kids (and me!) and the .22LR doesn't abuse the mount with recoil.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• PVBoom
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
        I have an Aero mount on my S&W M&P 15-22. It's perfect on that platform. It keeps a light weight rifle light for kids (and me!) and the .22LR doesn't abuse the mount with recoil.
        That might be the only saving grace about the Aero mounts, that they will function for .22LR.

Other than that, they can be recycled.
        Last edited by PVBoom; 06-23-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• SDW
          Warrior
          • Jul 2018

I decided I wasn't going to buy any more Larue mounts after my last experience with them. I wanted to buy just the mount portion of the LT204 mounts, the same mount shown above. Larue advertises it as costing $99. But can you buy JUST the mount for $99? Nope. You're forced to add a set of rings, which might be a necessity for some people. But for others, like myself, who already own an extra set of Larue rings? You can't add just the mount-base to a cart and check out with it, paying $99. I figured, maybe it's just a glitch in the web site design. So I phoned Larue and asked about buying just the base for $99, as they offer it. "Nope sorry sir. Can't do that. The computer won't even let me do that..... But you're still getting a really good deal." WTH. That's not the point. Why price them that way instead of like ALL their other mounts, total price to include the mount, e.g. $210 for the LT104 mount, and just pick the ring sizes that come with. Seems dumb. And also deceptive advertising.

I ended up later buying a Bobro mount that went on sale. I'll admit, even on sale it cost more money than the LT204 plus the unnecessary rings would have been. I was still stewing though.

Comment

• PVBoom
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

Yeah, I will look there for my next mount needs.

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SDW View Post
              I decided I wasn't going to buy any more Larue mounts after my last experience with them. I wanted to buy just the mount portion of the LT204 mounts, the same mount shown above. Larue advertises it as costing $99. But can you buy JUST the mount for $99? Nope. You're forced to add a set of rings, which might be a necessity for some people. But for others, like myself, who already own an extra set of Larue rings? You can't add just the mount-base to a cart and check out with it, paying $99. I figured, maybe it's just a glitch in the web site design. So I phoned Larue and asked about buying just the base for $99, as they offer it. "Nope sorry sir. Can't do that. The computer won't even let me do that..... But you're still getting a really good deal." WTH. That's not the point. Why price them that way instead of like ALL their other mounts, total price to include the mount, e.g. $210 for the LT104 mount, and just pick the ring sizes that come with. Seems dumb. And also deceptive advertising.

I ended up later buying a Bobro mount that went on sale. I'll admit, even on sale it cost more money than the LT204 plus the unnecessary rings would have been. I was still stewing though.
              SDW,

I'm not sure I agree with you here.

I followed the link and can see nothing deceptive about LaRue's offering. You buy the base and then choose the rings, it's pretty simple and up front. The $99 only fools us for a minute or so. There is plenty of time to pull out of the deal when you realise you can't buy the base by itself. It's not like predatory airfares or hire cars where you go down the rabbit hole of multiple pages and find yourself at the checkout with an inflated price, and just give up. Yes, Larue are the masters of marketing; leveraging their brand equity heavily in imagery, fan boys and Dillo Dust. But, their mounts are solid and well machined.

Just look past the marketing and compare the final price against the competitors. It should not be personal.

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

Comment

Working...
                X