Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Need some advice on an ATN X-Site II HD

• grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

DNS is our go-to guy for night vision and thermal scopes.
    The bacon-ator hog-man.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Goochylogic
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

Grayfox, Yes DNS is the man. I have enjoyed his videos for sometime. I just ran across this atn scope and know nothing about them.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Not a fan of ATN, so I am biased. It may be worth it. However, 3-4 years old and not shot much may mean it needs updates to get out the early bugs they had.

You really need to find someone who knows ATN. Sorry.
        Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 04-19-2020, 11:22 PM.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Goochylogic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

DNS thanks, I would like a thermal scope but thats just going to happen any time soon. A friend of mine always has a sell off of his toys each time he gets married. So far he has had 5 weddings. Seems like every 2-5 years each new wife wants something new for her new house. We usually by his stuff for about .25 cents on the dollar. He is telling me this atn has never been shot except to zero. Hoping I can talk into a thermal unit as a purchase before this current bride runs off. Thanks for your input.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

I know for me $2-3K isn't in the cards so for now I just do a lot of window shopping. And daytime shooting.
            That new Wraith scope seems interesting...
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Goochylogic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

Grayfox, I will check out that scope as well. Thanks

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

for 300$ its well worth it

i own both a x sight hd 2 3-14 and a 4k pro 5-20 i like the hd better for low light/night use its more ir light sensitive then the 4k

what illuminator does it have with it ?

if it doesnt have a battery pack , invest in one the hd eats lithium aa batteries like candy u dont even need to buy the atn one.
                one like this works just fine
                Also included is a handy flashlight that can be accessed by double-tapping or holding the power button and four indicator LED lights to show battery life. Compatible to almost all smartphones! Instructions NOT included; A/C adapter and iPhone 5/6 adapter not included.

with a pouch to mount it it to buttstock ur good to go

the only nice thing about the atn pack is it comes witht he nice pouch a coil cord and a rubber plug that goes in the side of the scope to help hold the usb cable in place

Comment

• Goochylogic
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

Mel, thanks for the info. The light is called a Helotex ir1. Also thanks for the info about the battery pack. I actually keep a similar battery in my backpack. I know this whole setup is no where near the thermals out there. But this has got to be better than the red lights that I hunt with now for yotes. If I get this I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Goochylogic View Post
                    Mel, thanks for the info. The light is called a Helotex ir1. Also thanks for the info about the battery pack. I actually keep a similar battery in my backpack. I know this whole setup is no where near the thermals out there. But this has got to be better than the red lights that I hunt with now for yotes. If I get this I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again
                    i have a sniper hoglights 66lrx and sniper hoghlights coyote cannon ir illuminators with the coyote cannon i can see well out to 8-900 yards and the 66 is good for about 5-600

the scopes themselves take some getting used to if ur used to glass/optical scopes , but hell ive been using my 4k for LR/ELR shooting if ur going to use the ballistics calculatiors in the scope u need to have good data entered into the scope or they will not work properly

if u get it and have any issues drop me a pm anytime

im prolly adding a atn thermal to the collection soon

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

cows/fence int he back is 675/700 yards was my first time trying out the coyote cannon and didnt have it aligned/aimed properly yet with the hd two 3-14

Comment

• Goochylogic
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2016

Mel, a friend of mine just said he has a 66lrx on his 4K scope. Like you he said it takes getting use to if you shoot good glass on your rifles. He said he hunts with guys with thermal scopes but it only irritates him when he uses his 4k then looks at their setups. Thanks for all of your input. Might take you up on the help if I get stumped.

Comment

• grendelnubi
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2017

It will work, however, I have owned one for more than 5 plus years now. The issue with ATN is customer support. Once they release a firmware they no longer support previous releases and once they stop supporting the product with firmware upgrades, that is it, no more upgrades even if the firmware has issues. Matter of fact, they will refuse to support newly released firmware if your scope of out of warranty.

My scope was working just fine till I updated the latest firmware 2.1.07.779 released several years back. First time using it after upgrading I started having issues after recording a video. It looked like I was in the USS Enterprise flying thru space at night. Could only see the issue when looking thru the scope, the video's itself did not show the issue. It only occurred after taking a video and I found I could correct the image clarity issue by taking a photo. I also shared this with ATN. The issue would reoccur if you after using the record feature. Clarity was bad enough you could no longer see anything past 30 yards.

I contacted ATN and they refuse to help me. Said the scope was out of warranty. It was working just fine till the latest firmware update which was the last one ATN released and still is the last one. I asked for the previous firmware that was working just fine and they refused to give it to me. Do not expect any support from ATN for that scope. You will be on your own if you have any issues with it. If it were me, I would spend my $300 somewhere else.

On thing you need to be aware about if using at night, you are looking thru a video lens that uses illuminated light and your eye will adjust to it. When you move away, you can not see a thing out of that eye for a short time till your pupil adjust to the dark. It's a weird thing to experience and hard to get use to.

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by grendelnubi View Post
                            It will work, however, I have owned one for more than 5 plus years now. The issue with ATN is customer support. Once they release a firmware they no longer support previous releases and once they stop supporting the product with firmware upgrades, that is it, no more upgrades even if the firmware has issues. Matter of fact, they will refuse to support newly released firmware if your scope of out of warranty.

My scope was working just fine till I updated the latest firmware 2.1.07.779 released several years back. First time using it after upgrading I started having issues after recording a video. It looked like I was in the USS Enterprise flying thru space at night. Could only see the issue when looking thru the scope, the video's itself did not show the issue. It only occurred after taking a video and I found I could correct the image clarity issue by taking a photo. I also shared this with ATN. The issue would reoccur if you after using the record feature. Clarity was bad enough you could no longer see anything past 30 yards.

I contacted ATN and they refuse to help me. Said the scope was out of warranty. It was working just fine till the latest firmware update which was the last one ATN released and still is the last one. I asked for the previous firmware that was working just fine and they refused to give it to me. Do not expect any support from ATN for that scope. You will be on your own if you have any issues with it. If it were me, I would spend my $300 somewhere else.

On thing you need to be aware about if using at night, you are looking thru a video lens that uses illuminated light and your eye will adjust to it. When you move away, you can not see a thing out of that eye for a short time till your pupil adjust to the dark. It's a weird thing to experience and hard to get use to.

what firmware do u need , i have access to most all of them

Comment

• grendelnubi
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Thanks Mel, I need the firmware releases right before the 2.1.07.779. Not sure exactly which version it is but the release number should be close to this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X