X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

There are several active threads about these mags. One is even like 2 years old and still active.

Down in the vendors section.

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Huckleberry75
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        Agreed.

You know the situation I walked up on yesterday evening.

A low round count mag is a No go for hog hunting.

I still think it's a cool advancement and hope they sell tons of them. But like you I don't have any need for a 10 round mag.

Now if they could figure out a 26 round version of this and it not be overly long and heavy. Then I would be in on some of those.
        This is my thought as well. I was excited for a reliable polymer mag, until I saw that it only holds 10rds. Hopefully they release a Gen2 with 25+ Capacity...but I am afraid based on the previous timeline my son will have to come get me out of the nursing home to shoot them on old geezer range day (and I am only 44yrs...).

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Personally I like the 10-ers. And I have several that work fine for my ARs.....
          What I'm looking to do is to see how they work for a ruger predator. The metal is still just a bit finicky for me, although for the RAP some of them do work.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

10 rounds is plenty for target work, deer, antelope, or coyote hunting.

Glad to see another option on the market where a lot of effort was put into solving some of the unique challenges with 6.5 Grendel in the AR15.

Based on the dimensions of the magazine and how the rounds are stacked, I think a 20rd mag would be about 1.25-1.5" longer maybe?
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• TNhuntsman
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Nice! Where are the 25+ round mags?

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
                Nice! Where are the 25+ round mags?
                They are "tweaking" them right now.

Comment

• imaguy3
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

Glad to see another option on the market where a lot of effort was put into solving some of the unique challenges with 6.5 Grendel in the AR15.

Based on the dimensions of the magazine and how the rounds are stacked, I think a 20rd mag would be about 1.25-1.5" longer maybe?
                  Depends on location. When I hunt the southern border I like to have as much ammo as available as possible. It was much more comforting having a grendel with 17rds, and a 17rd in the pocket along with the pistol, as opposed to just a bolt gun and pistol.

Comment

• TNhuntsman
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                    My CDP 10 round mags function flawlessly, issues seem to be with larger capacity, was hoping Amend2 was addressing that, don't really need more 10 rounders.

Oh well, carry on.

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by TNhuntsman View Post
                      My CDP 10 round mags function flawlessly, issues seem to be with larger capacity, was hoping Amend2 was addressing that, don't really need more 10 rounders.

Oh well, carry on.
                      All of mine are 10 round CPD and have yet to malfuncion. I have two elanders and one had a problem earlier but so far GTG. Don't have a need for 30 rounders I don't miss that much....

Comment

• Huckleberry75
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

I agree on target and deer sized game applications, that normally a 10 rd mag is fine, and/or in some places is the maximum allowable capacity such as Colorado. I am all for working out the kinks, as we all know that the Grendel can sometimes be a fickle mistress in the magazine department. The reason that I am looking for a higher capacity option is that I roll around with my 12.5" suppressed SBR nearly every day as my primary truck gun and for SHTF situations. Heaven forbid that I ever truly need it, but if that day should come, I would prefer to have the higher capacity magazines. Most of the AR based gear today strongly favors the 30rd .223 magazine dimensions, so a short mag like the 10 & 17rd E-landers or the Amend2's will get lost in most of the ammo pouches out there.

At least a 20 rounder would be nice to see. Hopefully they keep pushing this advancement and eventually bring a second Amend2 option out for those desiring higher capacity. Any positive advancements for the Grendel in general can only help to spread the word and increase the herd...or Horde.

Comment

• Chev2500
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                          yep be 2 or 3 weeks...LOL

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by js8588 View Post
                            Can't believe a thread on this hasn't been started yet, but...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...now-available/
                            By "here," you mean that orders can be placed for them. They don't exist in the wild, yet. Otherwise you would see the posts from people talking about how excited they are to have received them.
                            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• BCG
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2020

Comment

• PVBoom
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Huckleberry75 View Post
                                Do we have any pictures of these mystery mags??
                                You could look here

Comment

Working...
                                X