Amazon Daily Deal on Caldwell Brass Catcher (23.39)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PVBoom
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Amazon Daily Deal on Caldwell Brass Catcher (23.39)

Caldwell Pic Rail Brass Catcher with Heat Resistant Mesh for Convenient Picatinny Weapon Mountable Brass Collection

I couldn't find another spot for deals so I posted it here.

I was actually gonna look up the TacStar, then saw this price so jumped on it.
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Yep and it actually works!

Only thing is you need part of the rail so if your optic covers the entire rail it won't work.

The detent design means you only have to pull to get it off and push to get it back on.

Other designs of these sorts of catchers have had a bad habit of brass bouncing back into the receiver but this one seems to catch anything thrown into it.

A really good deal for an item that really does work and is easy to use.

LR55

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Mine fits under my optic np

Comment

• SDW
        Warrior
        • Jul 2018

I have one of these. Unfortunately the usability went away when I swapped from separate scope rings to 1-piece mounts. e.g. Larue, Bobro, and ADM. So no place to put it on my ARs after going that route.

However, I also have an older version of this "universal" type. It straps to the handguard just ahead of the receiver, so it doesn't care what kind of optics mount you have. Unfortunately it can be tricky getting it align perfectly with the ejection port, since the bag is cantilevered aft of where it straps on. So it can start to sag a bit over time and recoil impulses. The other type is better, assuming you have the rail space available just above the port.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

I use a one piece mount and no problems. You can put the adapter anywhere on your picatiny as you can adjust where it slides into the bag. Mine is back by the charging handle but i could put it out on the handguard to if your handguard has picatiny on top

Comment

• Harpoon1
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            I use a one piece mount and no problems. You can put the adapter anywhere on your picatiny as you can adjust where it slides into the bag. Mine is back by the charging handle but i could put it out on the handguard to if your handguard has picatiny on top

Quick tip, in a jam you can also just hang a ball cap off your scope to help catch most brass and/or deflect them to drop close by at your feet.
            Last edited by Harpoon1; 06-23-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• SDW
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
              Ah I see what you're saying. I was looking at some pics of the current version. I don't think mine has that slide bar built in. But it's older. These might have been redesigned. I wish I could verify. Just went looking for mine but it's gone missing. I don't recall where I might have stashed it. I'm sure I didn't just toss it out though. Oh well.

Comment

• PVBoom
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

I also ordered on of these to see how it works, obviously for bench purposes. So instead of catching it redirects down.

Comment

• mdram
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

i shoulda bought another on of these
                  i dont want to move the top piece from rifle to rifle
                  just some targets for printing
                  https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                  X