Clear All
  • DaChank
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

SHV F1 scope mount

• FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I have an SHV F2 4-14x50 .You can make it work with a set of rings,without having to mount the front ring to the handguard. I did,using Vortex optics pro med rings.I used them temporarily and I was getting good groups. But I eventually replaced them with a Vortex optics precision cantilever mount.If I were to start over again, I would use a cantilever mount from the start.Easier to set up.

Comment

• DaChank
      Unwashed
      • May 2020

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
      I have an SHV F2 4-14x50 .You can make it work with a set of rings,without having to mount the front ring to the handguard. I did,using Vortex optics pro med rings.I used them temporarily and I was getting good groups. But I eventually replaced them with a Vortex optics precision cantilever mount.If I were to start over again, I would use a cantilever mount from the start.Easier to set up.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

179FA286-DA8A-4963-A589-1741F3E7D503.jpeg

This is an older picture I had on my phone with the medium Vortex Optics Pro rings. 20 inch Bartlein barrel .223 It shot sub half-inch groups with those rings.No improvement with the vortex optics Precision cantilever mount,it does the same.Might look a little better.

Comment

• DaChank
          Unwashed
          • May 2020

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16409[/ATTACH]

This is an older picture I had on my phone with the medium Vortex Optics Pro rings. 20 inch Bartlein barrel .223 It shot sub half-inch groups with those rings.No improvement with the vortex optics Precision cantilever mount,it does the same.Might look a little better.
          Thanks! Do you happen to have a pic with the cantilever? My main concern was getting good eye relief with a cantilever mount as the shv f1 has a pretty short eye relief window combined with the long LOP of the PRS stock

Comment

Working...
          X