• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fynster518
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

Molle Pouches for 6.5g magazines?

I did some searching but could not find any information. Is it best to use AK-style pouches if i plan to run the 24/25/26rd magazines? I have not bought any magazines in that size yet, still using my 10 round elanders. Recently purchased a surplus FLC and would like to add some molle pouches for magazines. I would think that the standard ar15 pouches would be the wrong shape?

Any thoughts/experiences/info is welcome. Thanks
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The 25 round ASC and 24 round E-Lander mags are the same external dimensions as the 5.56/223 AR-15 30 round magazines. The 26 round CPD-Duramags are the same size as the AR-15 7.62x39 Duramag. The 6.5 Grendel Duramag has a curved body like a AK 7.62x39 and I suspect the Duramag might fit better in a molle AK mag pouch.

Comment

• Fynster518
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2019

Thank you very much for the information Vascar!

Comment

• sqeezeatrigger
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Fynster518 View Post
        I did some searching but could not find any information. Is it best to use AK-style pouches if i plan to run the 24/25/26rd magazines? I have not bought any magazines in that size yet, still using my 10 round elanders. Recently purchased a surplus FLC and would like to add some molle pouches for magazines. I would think that the standard ar15 pouches would be the wrong shape?

Any thoughts/experiences/info is welcome. Thanks
        Just a heads up, usgi grenade pouches work perfect for the 10 round magazines-- I use them in different camo/ colors for different calibers. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X