• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

atn x sight 4 k pro with ir illuminator comparasions

granted lots of smoke in the air from the wildwires but heres a quick comparasion of the sniper hoglights 66lrx and shl coyote cannon ir illuminators
    so in this video im looking at the hill my gong is on from my location this is roughly 1025y my gong is located to the right of the power pole

first up this is the 66lrx at full zoom 1,025 yards

• mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

next up we have the sniper hoglights coyote cannon ir , u can see in this video i have the dimmer cap on this ir so u can see in the video as i bring the ir up to full power in aprox 1/4 increments

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Atn x sight 2 hd i.e the older version scope for nighttime use i think this scope is a better option as its far more sensitive to light then the 4k

This is with the coyote cannon ir the fence beyo g the power pole is 750y

And 1000y to the hill were my gong is

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Pretty impressive !

Cost of each IR setup ?

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by HuntTXhogs View Post
            Pretty impressive !

Cost of each IR setup ?
            Either or setup is near 200$

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

mel, you left out a very significant bit of information. Are you comparing 850nm lights, 940nm, or one of each? There is a very different about of throw between the 850 and 940 (940 being less) and some digital NV isn't sensitive to 940, so it doesn't work well.

Another significant difference between 850 and 940 is that 850 emits a distinct red glow that animals can see and the 940 emits almost no, or no visible glow.
              Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 08-30-2020, 03:09 AM.
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                mel, you left out a very significant bit of information. Are you comparing 850nm lights, 940nm, or one of each? There is a very different about of throw between the 850 and 940 (940 being less) and some digital NV isn't sensitive to 940, so it doesn't work well.
                Opps sorry both theese ir's are 850nm

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

i meant to add another reply last night as i was posting from the field but some foxes caught my attention lol , i have walked downrange of my illuminators and yes u can deff see the red glow to about 100y after that atleast threw human eyes.
                  id really like to try out a 50lrx or smaller illuminator with my older atn x sight hd get the wieght of the setup down and also cut down on the red glow on the front of the illuminator lens.

that being said the 66lrx is light enough it doesnt add any real wieght to the setup , the coyote cannon on the other hand is a heavy sob

the more i use my x sight hd 3-14 the more i like it for nighttime use over the 4k 5-20 specially inside of 200 yards , once u start reaching out to 300+ the 4k deff has the advantage

Comment

Working...
                  X