• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ihmsa7br
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2021

Handguard recommendations?

I am looking for a little assistance... this is my first build and I have a bit of a potential hic-cup and trying to form a "plan b"

Building a 6 ARC... Lilja A24 barrel with .936 gas journal. Have a Wojtek adj gas block on order. Any recommendations for a handguard that will clear and be a legitimate free float?

I have a Luth-Ar widebody in hand (this is planned as a target/PRS gun) and I have concern on "will it fit". the overall height on the handguard I have is right at the dimension for the gas block and looking around... similar to most of the available gas blocks this size. Someone should have encountered this previously...
  • PVBoom
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

OK, so what is the ID of the Luth-AR? I can't see anything on their site, so I sent a (modestly snarky) inquiry.

On Wojtek's site the .936 clamp AGB says you need > 1.942 inches. Its .971 to the top (highest point)

The Wojtek .936 clicky AGB needs more room, > 1.96 inches. Its .98 to the top (highest point)

The better manufactures have diagrams with dimensions.

So you need something with a 2" ID

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

What about the midwest industries suppressor compatible. It's 1.75" internal diameter but has the added channel at the top for gas block/ gas tube

Comment

• PVBoom
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

That might be fine then. The Wojteks AGB bottom requires 1.36-1.368, so you clear that easy. The question is how much extra is on the top. Email them to be sure. Specify which Wojtek you have.

Comment

• Ihmsa7br
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2021

The Arkto Click is what is in-bound... I hate that choices have to be made by what is in-stock but that is how things are now. I am measuring just over 1.6in on the Luth-Ar handguard. It is sounding like I will have an issue... can I make it work? Unknown until I have all the parts in hand. I would definitely prefer the versatility of an adjustable but may need to consider a fixed and do any necessary tuning with the buffer and spring. . Anyone have an idea of what is being used on 450BM, 458Socom or 500Beowolf?

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

U can get an adjustable bcg to

Comment

• PVBoom
              Warrior
              • Oct 2017

Great point made above. You can get Rubber City Armory (RCA) adjustable gas keys also.

Comment

• Ihmsa7br
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2021

well, I decided to keep the adjustable gas block... have one of the Aero handguards now... huge, but clears the GB and already has holes in the picatinny to get to the set screw...

Comment

• PVBoom
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

Cool, it sounds like you are set.

Comment

Working...
                  X