Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Any opinions on a Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 scope

• imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

well their policy is to replace with equal or better, I'd probably take it.

I have used their forge for several years on my Grendel and love it.. no plans to replace it anytime soon.

I had sent back an older elite tactical 1-6.5 yrs ago I broke, they upped me to the 1-8.5 since mine was discontinued, I don't expect they'd be doing you wrong in your offer.

Comment

• Goochylogic
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

Comment

• imaguy3
        Warrior
        • Mar 2018

Then when you get the replacement sell it to fund something better.

I am comparing my Forge against a Bushnell DMR II and XRS II. Honestly inside of 1000 yards, with any lighting condition aside from dawn/dusk the difference in glass isn't mind boggling.

For the price difference, especially if you can get the Forge on sale or "used". It's a great scope that hits hard at it's price imho. As far as turrets and feel I greatly prefer the DMR and XRS... however concessions have to be made somewhere.

This pic. doesn't really do it justice... however holding my cell phone up to my rifle, target is 300 yards away. There is heavy mirage and this is zoomed and cropped by my phone... but you can still make out bullet holes on the white right above the aiming dot... The white squares inside the small boxes are 1" square.

Comment

• Goochylogic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

Comment

• Goochylogic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

Imaguy3, an update from Bushnell. Got an email stating they could not complete my order for the Matchpro scope. By phone I was told they were not allowed to offer the matchpro that I was given as an option. The only option available was the 1-8x32 Forge. To cut my loses, I took it to get this behind me. Maybe it will work only time will tell. Chuck

Comment

• Cotay
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Goochylogic View Post
              Imaguy3, an update from Bushnell. Got an email stating they could not complete my order for the Matchpro scope. By phone I was told they were not allowed to offer the matchpro that I was given as an option. The only option available was the 1-8x32 Forge. To cut my loses, I took it to get this behind me. Maybe it will work only time will tell. Chuck
              Which Nitro version did you have? Both the Nito line and the Forge 1-8x are made in Korea so quality should be similar. But I would have a fit if they tried to drop me to what amounts to a driven hunt/dangerous game scope unless you have a need for that sort of thing. It will be more difficult to sell that Forge 1-8x to be honest.

I'd personally tell them that isn't acceptable and demand a refund. The Ironclad warranty states they will repair or replace the scope. Note that they don't say it will be replaced with a comparable scope, it just says replaced. They have not done that or offered to do that (a different model is not a replacement). Since they cannot repair or replace, the next step (refund) is triggered. They are just counting on people not making a stink or reading the warranty. Personally, I'd call them back and raise holy cain.

Comment

• Goochylogic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2016

Last edited by Goochylogic; 06-25-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Cotay
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

I have a dozen Bushnell optics (more than half Elite Tactical) and thankfully I haven't had to use their warranty yet. Vortex I've had to work with several times, but at least they were very quick and good about it. I understand that the supply chain is bonkers right now so I get why Bushnell is trying to flog a completely non-comparable optic on you.

What I don't understand is how purchasing through Midway at all changes the applicable warranty. The Nitro warranty is fully transferable so even if you purchased a refurb or customer return the warranty should be the same. Sounds to me like they are making things up to avoid their warranty. It's a story I've heard from others about Bushnell before.

They know they are incapable right now of meeting their warranty obligations and they are just counting on people getting frustrated and taking what they can get. I get that you want to be done with it, and I respect that decision. At least your sacrifice isn't in vain since the rest of us now know that, if we need to exercise the Bushnell warranty during the remainder of 2021, we'll likely need to play hardball.

What really worries me is the statement that they have nothing on the production line right now. I think that must be hyperbole to some extent on Bushnell's part since product is still moving through the supply chain, albeit slowly. But I have noticed that things are definitely drying up in the marketplace and other manufacturers are also finding it difficult to get product. That does explain to me why Bushnell has brought the Korean-built Forge's to the US when they were designed and built for the European market (the US Forge line has heretofore been made in China). I do think it would be a good time to snatch up an optic if you need one and can find one in stock.
                  Last edited by Cotay; 06-25-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Goochylogic
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2016

Cotay, got home Saturday and had a Bushnell Forge 1-8x30 waiting for me. Honestly it seemed to be a well built scope, many times better than the Nitro that failed. I actually liked the reticle with the illuminated red dot and had very clear glass. This was just not what I needed so by Sunday evening it had a brand new home. Many thanks to Imaguy3 and Cotay for your comments. Thanks again Chuck

Comment

• imaguy3
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2018

yeah I'd be happy with that trade to be honest... I think the Forge is an upgrade over either scope. let me know your impressions after you feel it out some... if you're not happy with it PM me... I may know someone interested.

Comment

• imaguy3
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2018

shoot no joke about the european market comment... they mention the turrets are in CM?! Plus they're giving away a nice rifle bag...

Shopping for the Forge 1-8x30 Riflescope Illuminated German No. 4 Reticle - Learn more about the latest Hunt/Shoot Accessories Site Catalog and other hunting or shooting gear at Bushnell.

I do find it interesting that they don't list any of the other forges anymore.... especially b/c they had a high magnification one set to drop last summer that got held up from covid. I wonder how much this has hurt their supply, like other optic companies.

Comment

Working...
                        X