Vortex Viper PST 6-24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the 6-24X50 PST for the price. The glass in mine is significantly better than the two 4-16X50 PST's I had--though those were early models, Vortex may have updated them a bit since then.

If primarily shooting from a rest at 100+ yds, I like all the magnification I can get. The 6-24 is longer so it may look out of place with shorter barrels but it's almost the same weight as the 4-16 so actual handling isn't really affected.

The 4-16 has more elevation, but the 6-24 has enough to get a Grendel to ~1100 yds depending upon load with a proper 20 MOA mount.

If doing timed drills at closer ranges often or if used for hunting, the 4-16 is the better all around range. Another really nice scope in this price range if you want a better low end is the Weaver 3-15 tactical.

Anyway, some pics of the 6-24:

Comment

Welcome to the Grendel Horde Jon. I love my AADmount. I think it kills larues scope mount. I also notice in your pictures there that you have the built in cant bubble now. Looks good. Now if i could only get the Scope to come in. Ive got a case of Grendel waiting on this thing.

Keith

Comment

+1 Jon your mount is the best... welcome to the horde

Comment

Those pics look familiar. Weren't you on the forum before it was attacked last year? Nice stick and pics, especially the reticle picture and resolution.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was going to the old forum pretty regularly for a while when it went down. I knew this was back up and have stopped in a couple times but I got out of the habit of it. I haven't had much internet time lately anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman3 View Post
              i love my viper 4-16x50ffp. this video is the best explanation i have seenhttp://www.tacticalgearmag.com/profi...3&rid=25363312
              Thank you for posting this video. It is a great lesson.

Comment

• 65G_Sethum

Jon A when i saw your grendel my jaw dropped because that is exactly what i want mine to look like minus the left side charging handle.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

My viper vortex 6-24x50 PST came in yesterday and it didnt dissapoint. i took the advice of LRRPF52 and the scopes quality is great. Its 50mm objective gathers light well. Its has very good clarity. It has a superfine reticle. And i love the illuminated reticle for dusk shooting. No more losing the crosshairs in dark areas. It works great and the illumination isnt overpowering nor does it haze your reticle any at all. Great scope. I had to wait several months for it but it was worth the wait on Vortex. I am very pleased.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jon A View Post
                      ...]
                      That's one sweet looking rifle!
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                      X