Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrywick4

vortex pst vs nightforce nxs

My brother purchased a new Nightforce and came down to South Dakota to dial it in (more like try and rub it in) His was 8X32 NXS with a MOA reticle in it that is comparable to the Vortex pst that I have (6x24). The one thing that was definitely better on the nightforce was the Zero Stop. The Vortex and it's shims doesn't compete with the nightforce. Clarity believe it or not was a wash but I did dig the 32X. If I'd been thinking I'd brought the Nightforce Varmeter out of the gun vault and mounted it on something to compare with the other two. We shot up to what he calls "prime time shooting time" (which is about hour after sunset. Both scopes pretty much lost the target at about the same time due to low light. So I'd have to call that a tie. THe wind was howling between 15 and 24 so we didn't do much shooting past 200yds. All in all I think that I would save the extra grand and buy the Vortex PST.

I have to agree. When I look at what I'm actually using the scope for, the features available, the quality of those features (like click feel, zero-stop, glass, reticle, FFP vs. SFP), it's hard to ignore the Vortex line-up.

Comment

Working...
    X