X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raamaudio
    Warrior
    • Aug 2020

Viridian Serac 2-10x40 red dot scope deal on DVOR, just $132 list price is $349

First impression out of the box, glass is pretty decent, weight not bad at 17.6 ounces, 11 illumination settings and can see it in bright daylight but not as bright as the Leupold Firedot but still usable in low to medium and a bit brighter light.

turrets have a decent click, easy to change magnification and quite smooth, parallax is listed at 50 yards on Dvor but they are prone to make mistakes on listings and not available on Viridian but this is not sold as a rimfire scope so more likely a typo, I hope.

I have been wanting a illuminated 2-10, 2.5-8, etc for some time now and was saving up for the Leupold HD5 but kept having more important things to buy during the long cold winter and now finally getting back to complete remodel project so decided to give this a chance. Mounted to my 34" total length Howa Mini using some30mm, 2.8 ounce Vortex Viper (or earlier version of the Pro, look the same) really decent rings it looks pretty big at 13.4" long. I have some Leupold rings as well, even nicer but 3.5 ounces and the Vortex are quite good so trying them first. If I can make this fit into my very small safe I will buy some Talley rings instead so can save a few more ounces and leave the scope on all the time.

I realized I never bedded the Howa so need to do it and go try it out soon, will report what I find though not going to be a super extensive evaluation as I still might buy the Leupold or something else later on.

Just wanted to pass on what seems a decent scope for the money to those like me with many irons in the fire

Sale ends in 2 days, 4 hours.

Bonus, scope box contained 50% off coupon for many items on the Manf website.

Rick
    Last edited by raamaudio; 04-29-2023, 12:56 AM.
Working...
X