New March 1.5-15x42mm FFP with Novel Locking Turrets design
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

So much $$$... but I doubt there is a better scope on the market in the same class.

Comment

• Modoc
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2022

Dayum, So much for my recomendation of spending 1x to 2x the price of the rifle on the optic! . March has some innovative ideas to go with quality product.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

News about this new scope.

According to the Aussie March rep, US shooter feedback is that the illuminated dot is too fine so March are going to enlarge it, coming out in 6 months. In the meantime anyone who has already purchased can return it free for the fix - same 6-month wait. He ordered three to sell but returned them immediately and agrees the dot is too fine to use.

He says the dual reticle in the 1-10x24 LPVO Shorty is fine however. The latest 2023 release is a 34mm tube for use with unimounts we are familiar with. The earlier version has a dual diameter: 30mm tube and 33mm bell, which means it can only be fixed to the rifle in one spot behind the turret. This 34mm tube looks far more supportive and conventional.
        D10SV24FIMLX_01-1.png

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

Look forward to learning more about:
            Weight
            Price
            Reticle
            4x P100

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Not the Shorty's, their reticles are fine. The Shorty's being the 1-8x24 30mm body with 33mm bell, and the 1-10x24 30mm body with 33mm bell.
              D8SV24FIML_01.png

There is a third 2023 release 'Shorty' with an all-34mm body. 1-10x24. I ordered this version in June but has yet to be delivered.
              D10SV24FIMLX_01-1.png

You are referring to one of these;
              1.5-15x42 2023 release, FFP only, 34mm body, FML-4 reticle (he says this one is fine and suitable as a LPVO).
              1.5-15x42 2023 release, dual FFP/SFP, 34mm body, DR-TR2 Christmas tree reticle (apparently the reticle needs improvement).
              D15V42FIMLX_01-1.png

When you started this thread I sent the Aussie rep a request for info about the 1.5-15x42. It does look well suited for this calibre on a compact AR. This reply from the rep at BRT Supplies,
              The 1.5x-15x FFP is good but.... not the dual reticle version of it. So I had some ordered. Finally got sent to me in June. Then just after sending the shipment they informed all dealers they received feedback from the USA that the Dual reticle wasn't good. It's too fine to see. Therefore they would make a new reticle thicker and would provide a changeover for free if desired. But, that could not be done for 6 months!
              As soon as I received these 3 scopes I checked. Yep. reticle is horrible and also a Xmas tree type anyway. Just overpowering but too fine to see much properly. ????
              So I sent all 3 back and said "give me a credit thanks". So I am disappointed to say the least. If they had put the exact same reticle as this 1x-10x in it, things would be great. But they didn't.

But, the other 1.5x-15x 42 scope model which arrived was simply FFP with the new FML-4 and it was great. It sold very soon.

The FML-4 reticle on the FFP (only) version which he refers to as OK is this one,
              reticle.jpg

The Christmas tree DR-TR2 reticle on the dual focal plane version, which he claims is too busy is this one,
              DR-TR2B.png

Comparing the 1.5-15x42 with the new 1-10x24 Shorty. Both are new release March FX.
              1-10x24 'Shorty', 34mm tube = 20.8oz and 8.5" long.
              1.5-15x42, 34mm tube = 24.7oz and 10.6" long.

The updated Shorty fits all standard 34mm unimounts, which to me was the deal-maker. The earlier models you have to either mount in a single spot behind the turret, or buy the dedicated cantilever unimount from March Europe (made in Czechia).

I prefer simpler reticles and solid mounting, even in higher power scopes. But if you like Christmas trees then when the reticle is updated the 1.5-15 will be a great scope. I hear March is going to permit bespoke orders and deleted SKU's so you may be able to order the 1.5-15 DMR with a simpler reticle. Now if the dual plane 1.5-15 version had a less busy reticle, that's something I would regret getting the Shorty for.

You can also get an ultra-low illum switch for use with night vision mounted behind these scopes:
              lowillumination01.jpg

Don't know what the prices are in the US, no doubt like here... an arm and a leg.
              Last edited by Klem; 08-02-2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X