oversized charging handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oversized charging handle

I was wondering if a BCM Gunfighter charging handle would work on my AA 6.5 Grendel rifle?
    I know the .308 AR's use a different handle size, is the 6.5 the same as a standard AR?

Thanks!

yes the grendels take the standard ar15 charging handles.

Comment

There are 3 BCM/VLTOR Gunfighter charge handles that are meant for the AR15, which will all work with the Grendel. I have purchased several of all three AR15 versions, as well as the large lacth version for my .260 Rem AR. Here is basically how I rate them:

The Gunfighter with Small latch is great for a carbine with low-profile or no optics, where minimal snag is desired.

The Medium latch is great for carbines/rifles with Aimpoints, Eotechs, and other traditional sized red dots, as well as some of the smaller variable power & fixed scopes like a 1-4x or ACOG.

The Large latch is perfect for rifles with larger optics on them, since it allows you to purchase a great hold on the charge handle while working around the objective bell of your scope, which sits in close proximity to the charge handle in that critical latch area that must be pulled to unlock the handle from the upper.

They are my go-to charge handles, with a PRI Gas Buster being the 2nd choice. Most of the charge handles on the market are not made to mil spec, and cut corners on size, material (6061 vs. 7075), & anodizing, leaving you with a weak link in the AR15 design that's even weaker now.

The Gunfighter and PRI's are good insurance in that regard, and I feel well worth the small extra price.

Comment

thanks guys! I am getting ancy waiting for my build to come in, it's been ~ 7 weeks since I ordered it

16" rifle with Geissele trigger, WCI brake,Mags LLC stock ,EOtech XPS-2, and now BCM Gunfighter charging handle (medium).

Can't wait to put some rounds through this baby.

Comment

• hobbesgunner

+1 on the BCM advice.....have them in all my rifles ....Mod 4 in the package right now waiting for rest of the parts for new 6.5 to show up

Comment

Working...
          X