Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger

What would you guys recommend for a trigger? I dont hunt, but basically just shoot out to a couple hundred yards. Thinking about a 2 stage Gisselle set up.
    I have a 16" 6.5 AA with a Vortex 2.5X10.
    Terry
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Hehe. You already knew the answer-- Geiselle for sure.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Which one though? I have never fired a two stage. They have several models.

Comment

Im thinking of the SSA-E. What do they mean by large and small pin?

Comment

Colt receivers are large pin, most others are small pin. The SSA-E is probably what you want. The High Speed is for High Power Service Rifle competition that requires a 4.5 lb minimum and is adjustable to maintain it at that weight. The SSA-E is 3.5 lbs and non adjustable but is just as crisp and repeatable.
          Bob

Comment

SD-E... I run one on my 16" grendel... it's sick.

Comment

• ChellieWiles

i recently put together a build with a two stage geissele dmr trigger. very light 1.5 pound first stage and a 3lb. second stage is perfect for me but the dmr seems to have the best of both worlds as it can be adjusted to 4.5lbs on the second stage or down to .5lbs on the first stage though that is way too light for me. very, very great trigger. you won't be diappointed.

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Gieselle for the WIN!!
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I'll second Stokes. I'd recommend the SSA-E trigger for most folks. If you need something specifically different you'll likely already know the differences in them to begin with. The SSA-E will make you very happy, and will require no adjustments either. Simple is generally better, and there are no adjustments to get wrong--- or have go back out of adjustment...
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Drifter
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Peck1631 View Post
                    I have never fired a two stage.
                    If you prefer a single-stage, consider the Wilson Combat TTU single-stage 4#. No take-up, no creep, and very crisp break.
                    Drifter

Comment

Another for SSA-E. Have them in Noveske and AA lowers and never look back on decision. Small benefit also in picking up either gun and triggers are exactly alike, so no learning curve to overcome, no matter what I'm shooting. Same for balance of controls on both.

Comment

• Buster
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2012

Don't think it really matters what Geiselle model you go with, you can't go wrong.....Extremely satisfied with my SSA

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

AA's tactical trigger is also a single stage and shoots wonderfully! I have them in all my AR's except my 28" Grendel, which has the National Match Geissele.

Comment

Working...
                          X