Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndyGrendel63

stripper clips

I read in one of these forums a few weeks ago about the VZ-52 (?) stripper clips being good for grendel rounds. Anyone have a lead or where I might be able to find a few?

Thanks,
    Indy
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

Not sure ably vz clips but sks clips are quite common and uses the same rim size 7.62x39mm but you would still need some sort of guide to use them to load mags with any sort of ease
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
      Not sure ably vz clips but sks clips are quite common and uses the same rim size 7.62x39mm but you would still need some sort of guide to use them to load mags with any sort of ease
      Forgot about the charger guide, guess that would have to be adapted from a regular AR clip charger. I already tried the SKS clips, yes the rim is the same, but the curve of the clip is too much and they don't fit in there very well. The search continues.

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
        The case taper of the 7.39x39 requires more curve in the clip and that doesn't fit the grendel case well. I believe a member here straightened a few and made them work.
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Yep, the VZ-52 strippers have the right curve and work great. The only problem is finding them. The ones I bought came from gunbroker.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

There is one on-line vintage surplus dealer that sells them but they are expensive. $10 for 5 + shipping IIRC. Still cheaper than a magazine I guess.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
            X