• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with optics

• Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Hunting or target rifle, and what distances do you plan to shoot?

Do you shoot twice a year, twice a week, or somewhere in between.

Application / intended use can hep to determine potentially good choices to fit your situation.
    Drifter

Comment

• ChellieWiles

4.5X 14X is ideal for the ranges where the high b.c. bullets shine. 400-800yds. plenty of power for 1000 if you wanted too.

Comment

I really like that scope for big game hunting in the 50 mm diameter. Grey bull precision does a custom version that has 1/3 minute clicks, important to get out to 900 yards or so with a single rotation of the turret. The custom turret they use is taller than the stock one and has a 10 MPH full value wind drift printed on each 100 yard range marker. This is an ideal set up for the purpose of hunting big game. However if you are hunting varmints then a higher magnification and different turret set up is required to achieve optimal performance. http://greybullprecision.com/index.p...&id=5&Itemid=5

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

MT:

No offense but have you looked at any of the ten or fifteen individual threads where folks asked the same question?

It is better to state the conditions in which you will be using the optic and after reading some of the threads in this forum, coming back with two or three optics that you think will be OK. That way, you can get better advice that will probably save you a bunch of money and the potential of finding out you bought the wrong thing.

You can start with http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...recommendation

Or run a search on Vortex Viper optics.

LR1955

Comment

optics

I hunt and target shoot with it. Ranges of 100 to 650 yard. I reload and look at the other forms about load data.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mytoy1 View Post
              I hunt and target shoot with it. Ranges of 100 to 650 yard. I reload and look at the other forms about load data.
              MT1:

Roger. Did you read the thread I cited?

Or, run a search using 'Vortex Viper' and you will probably find something that meets your needs and budget.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
              X