Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucktact6.5

Counter Sniper Optics Corp.

anybody know anything about these scope's?
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bucktact6.5 View Post
    anybody know anything about these scope's?
    BT:

Some indicators.

1. Wannabee name such as 'Counter Sniper'.

2. Reticle patterns that involve five or six different designs, all packed into one optic.

3. The company will not state where the optic was made.

4. The appearance of the optics and their reticules are identical to those found cheap, imported optics from Communist China.

LR1955

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Overwhelming advice on the Snipers Hide forum is to avoid the brand. Try a search there.
      Drifter

Comment

The consensus opinion appears to be "run away". I was a Shot Show in January and stopped by their booth to play with the scopes. Unremarkable is the term I would use and the reticle pattern is INHO insane.

I wanted to check out their 12x magnification range scope (Counter Sniper Crusader Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1-12x 30mm). I was intrigued that they are first to market with a 12x range scope. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get a sight picture. The exit pupil size must have been tiny.

There was also a video review from CS Tactical just recently. Someone accidentally twisted the turret right off the scope. They did get high marks for replacing it with a new scope without much fuss.

If your Halloween costume is "mall ninja" then a Counter Sniper is the perfect accessory

--Rootshot

Comment

I run one on my grendel. I have mixed feelings about it. Its a 3x9-42 30mm. Picture is clear for me. I don't think im getting quite the accuracy I should be but its not terrible. The turret lock downs come loose constantly which is frustrating. My first one went blurry un expectedly but CS replaced quickly. Helps that im only 2.5 hours north of where they are distributed. I wanted a budget 30mm tactical scope better than a leapers and I got what I paid for. My 2c from someone who has had some trigger time looking through one. A pic can be found in the gallery under Sabre 18" zombie killer.

Comment

• LRS_Ranger

Search Snipershide.com for them... More than a few reviews that will make you not want to buy one...

Comment

A friend had one that had come on a rifle he bought. It was hazy, at best. He did not leave it on the rifle.

Comment

• Bob Duncan

Counter Sniper Crusader Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 10-40x 56mm Side Focus First Focal Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle Matte

Had 2. The 1st one got foggy at higher magnification and it was difficult to get/maintain the correct eye relief, both eye distance and head position, for a good sight picture. Sent it back. The 2nd one stayed clear up to maximum magnification, but the eye relief issues were the same. Used it on a prairie dog hunt and had a serious headache by noon of the 1st day. Replaced it that afternoon with a Leupold VX-3 and no more headaches. Sent the 2nd one back too. There will not be a 3rd one.

Comment

Yeah, Counter Sniper is pretty hated over at Snipershide.com. I might try trading out my simmons 3x9-32 that is on my Ruger 10/22 for the CS on the Grendel and see what results I get before I waste too much more handloaded Lapua's. I can plink steel fence posts off hand at 80 yards consistently with the .22, doubt I can with the grendel though with the CS even from the bench. Believe I'm in the market for a new quality scope.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just throwing in some humor.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• rasp65
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

You need to be wary of any company that sells hype. Counter Sniper scopes have 5 trade marks on the lenses alone, none of the top scope makers engage in such hype. If they truely had a high quality product the scopes would sell themselves on merit.

Comment

I purchased mine off midway a couple years ago. They had good reviews on the site. Its whatever, should look bad ass on a 10/22 with a hogue stock. Thinking my grendel deserves a nice leupold.

Comment

• Bob Duncan

Originally posted by pinsum1 View Post
                          Yeah, Counter Sniper is pretty hated over at Snipershide.com. I might try trading out my simmons 3x9-32 that is on my Ruger 10/22 for the CS on the Grendel and see what results I get before I waste too much more handloaded Lapua's. I can plink steel fence posts off hand at 80 yards consistently with the .22, doubt I can with the grendel though with the CS even from the bench. Believe I'm in the market for a new quality scope.
                          Vortex

Comment

I looked at Vortex, looked like good stuff for a good price. I want something with a little more magnification than my a 3x9, any recommendations?

Comment

• Bob Duncan

I looked at this one in 08.

Was really impressed, but they didn't have a reticle I wanted. Now they have a bdc and a mil-dot.

I had a great customer service experience with Vortex today. Sent them a scope for a reticle change. They had told me 3-4 business days to turn it around. They got it this morning and it is already on the fedex truck on its way back to me. Also have a new one in the mail from Midway. One will go on my .264 LBC upper and the other on my custom .204 ruger upper.

Comment

Working...
                              X