Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pbfreak199

Long range varmint scope for the 6.5?

So I have a infestation of ground squirrels at my ranch and they are starting to get pretty smart. I usally pick a nice spot and wait for them to pop up sometimes shooting as far as 500 yards and even futher if I can find the little pets. Right now I have the 6x18 redfield varmint scope on the gun but am in the process of building a 204 Ruger when my barrel gets here and I would like to put the scope on there. I'm wondering if there's another good option for the Grendel maybe with a little more zoom. I Also would like to get into some long range steel shooting possibly out to 800 yards or so. I have been looking at the Nikon monarch 6-24 and it seems like a pretty good buy and maybe getting it set up with a set of custom turrets for the Grendel would this be a decent choice for what I would like to do? I am trying to Stay around 500-600 dollars on the scope. Is there a better option out there? My furthest confirmed kill was at 475 yards so far I have not got completely used to the gun yet but I love it. I was also looking at a Millett buckmaster 6-25 and the price seems fair but I am unsure of quality any help would be great!

check out the vortex offerings.

Comment

I would stay away from anything Chinese-made. It will more than likely crap the bed on you, if it doesn't arrive already in a crapped bed state fresh out of the box.

For resolving pesky little critters, you'll want good glass. I'm not sure where to steer you on your budget. I would want some HD glass for dealing with targets that small, who have common colors to the ground.

Comment

Horus has some very nice scopes as well!

http://www.horusvision.com

Comment

• Armored Transport

Sightron III 8-32X56 LRMOA. Tracks perfect, glass is as good as any costing twice the price. Poke around and check out the reviews. I have one on a 300RUM and love it. My Grendel sports a Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21X50 with the H59 reticle that is my favorite.

Comment

Working...
          X