Any hunters using a sparc or strikefire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hunters using a sparc or strikefire?

If so, which one do you have and how does it do in the woods?
    I'm on the fence about which one to get for deer/hog hunting out to possibly 200 yd
    Wish there were some locally to look at and compare, but unfortunately theres not.
    I'm leaning towards the strikefire, but thinking the 2 MOA sparc may be a little more accurate for hunting?
  • Pbfreak199

I have the strike fire on one of my ar-15's and it's a great little optic for the price I can hit a small plate at 100 yards. You should be fine with deer and pig but small targets get covered by the dot at 100 yards and beyond. For the price it nice and clear I don't think it can be beat.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Take note the SPARC only has 1 MOA adjustment whereas the Strikefire has 1/2 MOA adjustment at 100 yards. I was concerned the SPARC wouldn't zero as close as I like. The Strikefire is cheaper and has a night vision setting that really works. I've shot with the Strikefire on my 16" 6.5 Grendel but kept it on a dedicated 22 AR to evaluate. I've used the Aimpoints and from a user perspective I thought the Strikefire compared pretty well compared the M2. Only down side to the Strikefire is the CR2 battery and shorter battery life.

Comment

I put one on my 5.56 for up close and personnel use. I like it. It has a 4moa dot, a 100yds shot would not be a problem putting one in the vitals.

Comment

Thanks very much for the inputs! I believe I've decided on the strikefire. They must be pretty popular since there's none to be found atm (red dot only model).

Comment

Originally posted by DW61 View Post
            Thanks very much for the inputs! I believe I've decided on the strikefire. They must be pretty popular since there's none to be found atm (red dot only model).
            midway has the red and green dot models in stock

Comment

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
              midway has the red and green dot models in stock
              Thanks, but I read far too many reviews saying the red dot only version is much better (higher intensity dot) than the green/red dot version. I ordered one last night for $149 plus free shipping. It's backorder of course but hopefully I'll see it in a week or two.

Comment

Working...
              X