night vision scope opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• night vision scope opinions..

Iam gonna be purchasing a nv scope very soon, an Iam new to this nv stuff.. Ive read some good things about this one...
    Buy D-760 Night Vision Rifle Scopes Online. D-790 night scope are the king of kings of long range night vision scopes. Call us at 1-800-771-6845.

anyone else hear of this model?

thanks,
  • Michael
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

Never heard of it. Looks good to me...Gen III works pretty good. Wish I had the cash for one....
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
    - Voltaire

Comment

Ive been savin for awhile.. sellin some sharks teeth..

I see gen III an gen IV also.. an wonderin if there as much difference between a III n IV as there is between a II n III?

Comment

• Michael
        Warrior
        • Jan 2012

Have only used Gen III (AN/PVS 7 and 14) Heard rumors of an upgrade...had something to do with longer battery life and better ability to recover from white light white out. Think those were used in pilot world.
        I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
        - Voltaire

Comment

ordered a nv scope and a nv mono, both genIII.. figured it would get old having to swing the rifle around ever time ya wanted to check things out, so the mono should come in very handy.. plus the mono will work with my eo tech

Comment

• mtn_shooter

Funny, I just ordered a NV scope as well. M845 2.5x from www.tnvc.com. I also got one of their "torch pro" IR illuminators. I'm curious to see how it holds up. I've only ever used Gen3 PVS 14's and 17C's. I don't intend to shoot beyond 150yd, so the Gen2 SHP ought to be good enough. I may get a Mono setup later on if I decide I really like the whole NV thing. I really want to get out and bust a coyote or two with the Grendel at night

Comment

I would not run a dedicated NV setup. The clip ons have become standard fare and is the only way to run. Get to run your standard scope and then put a NV clip on in front of it. Zero stays the same and you can use the clip on as a monocular when not in front of your day optic. I run a pvs 27 in front of our day scopes. It is the only way to go. If that is too pricey, the pvs 22 is a good backup. About 2/3rds the cost of the 27. I will grap some pics later tonight.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

this is the nv scope I ordered

Buy D-760 Night Vision Rifle Scopes Online. D-790 night scope are the king of kings of long range night vision scopes. Call us at 1-800-771-6845.

This is the mono to use with it

Free 2nd Day Shipping on our PVS-14 Mono-Goggle, Gen 3 AGM-HS. Our state-of-the-art Night Vision website will help you...

gonna put this scope on a ar10.. it will be a dedicated night rifle so the scope will not be removed

Comment

Originally posted by Azprc View Post
                  I would not run a dedicated NV setup. The clip ons have become standard fare and is the only way to run. Get to run your standard scope and then put a NV clip on in front of it. Zero stays the same and you can use the clip on as a monocular when not in front of your day optic. I run a pvs 27 in front of our day scopes. It is the only way to go. If that is too pricey, the pvs 22 is a good backup. About 2/3rds the cost of the 27. I will grap some pics later tonight.
                  what clip-on do you use "as a monocular when not in front of your day optic"???

Comment

got my night vision gear.. man o man I had no idea what I was in for.. this thing is great!..I play all night last night with just the monociular.. it came with head gear an mount so its hands free.. Ive never used anything like this before.. unbelievable.. hope to play with the scope tonight..

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                      what clip-on do you use "as a monocular when not in front of your day optic"???

Comment

Originally posted by capt greg View Post
                        got my night vision gear.. man o man I had no idea what I was in for.. this thing is great!..I play all night last night with just the monociular.. it came with head gear an mount so its hands free.. Ive never used anything like this before.. unbelievable.. hope to play with the scope tonight..
                        Imagine yourself on an assault line or support-by-fire position, with your intended targets walking into the kill zone, and all you see is a ton of M4's, SAW's, and M240's illuminate the unsuspecting horde with IR lasers before the shooting begins. You can almost do a 1-shot/weapon ambush with modern technology and western tactics.

Own The Night...it works

Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

glad our troops have this great asset.. just wish the media an the politicians would leavem alone, an lettem do what they know how do to..

Comment

Working...
                          X