Grendel mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel mags

I was having trouble finding grendel mags locally. I checked with Brownells, no luck. Then I checked with Alexander Arms. Ten round or high cap mags are available for the same price of $15.99! I ordered a few. Should be delivered in a day or so. Good price on Lapua and Hornady brass as well. MK
  • leopard6.5

mingokid: Another good place to get mags is 44mag.com

I've dealt with them for years and they have always given great customer service.

Good Luck.

Lee

Comment

I just ordered some 10 rounders from Midway yesterday for $16.99; they had some 25 round mags in-stock too. They should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Rainier Arms sells ASC. Midway brand AR Stoner are made by ASC as well. There are a couple more places and I am sure more members will reply with places to buy.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen anything like a PMAG for the Grendel?

Comment

Originally posted by Peck1631 View Post

no, but several guys on here are using the 20 round Pmag with 7-8 rounds. any more than that and the mag has to be beaten into the gun and reliability suffers.

Comment

Not yet, but I hope they are going to make them, I prefer the poly over any other material

Comment

Originally posted by Peck1631 View Post
                Try the Lancer L5 mag. Its polycarbonate with metal feed lips. I like them better than the PMags.

Comment

P-mags frequently fail under one of the scenarios used often in National Match High Power. In 2010 the Army marksmanship unit, which absolutely dominates the service rifle and match rifle categories at the National matches switched to the 20 round P-mags. This is of course .223/5.56mm not Grendel. They stuck with them for about half the year and then went back to metal mags. The reason was that when loading a mag with a closed bolt for the rapid fire stages, starting from standing, the competitor drops to position, sitting at 200 yards and prone at 300 yards and then racks the charging handle, to load the first round from the magazine, the bolt would fail to pick up a round.
                  For some unknown reason the P-mags experienced a failure to feed, there were no further problems once the gun was up and running but the loss of precious seconds or worse an alibi, was unacceptable. Moving back to the metal mags and the problem went away.
                  I use P-mags in my personal AR carbine, a Les Baer Thunder Ranch, and experience no issues as long as I charge from an open bolt. But for applications that require that I charge from a closed bolt I stick with metal mags, HTMG from 44Mag.com.
                  Bob

Comment

Just wondering did you have to take the mags apart and clean up the followers, I had to because there were lots of excess plastic on one side of the follower not allowing it to accept more than 3 rounds to be loaded, used a razor blade to trim the excess away from the follower then mags worked fine
                    just curious if I got a bad batch or if it seems to be common

Comment

My "17rd" ASC mags function flawlessly, though they hold a maximum of 14 rds. My 25rd ASC mag performs as advertised.

Comment

ordered some 17rders from joeboboutfitters.com currently has free shipping over $90 and mil/le discount "THANKYOU"

Comment

I too would love see a p-mag modification guide as I have more than a few. A mod for one of my Colt 20 rounders would be awesome as well. Until then I''ll stick with AA mags.

Comment

• rickOshay
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2012

I have had poor results with Stoner/ACS mags failing to catch the bolt after the last round. Others have reported the same experience in another thread. Based on the recommendation there, I splurged for a PRI 6.8SPC mag - problem solved.

Comment

There are new D&H 6.8 mags that allow 2.287" COAL according to D&H, and they are well under $20 per mag-like $15.

They showed a prototype for a Grendel mag at SHOT show as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X