Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelmew

Muzzle brake size

Crap. I ordered a WCI brake from AA and now I'm not sure it will even fit my barrel. Cart before the horse and all that, yes.

How can I figure out what size thread my barrel is? It is a Model 1 20" 6.5 Grendel from Feb 2010. I emailed them but they asked if it is a "standard heavy barrel" or "tactical weight barrel". AFAIK, its just a regular barrel, not heavy or tactical weight necessarily. How can I know for sure?

Timely responses apreciated since I have already ordered the 9/16 x 24 brake; and, I should probably mention that the other available option is 3/4 x 28.

Thanks.

-mm

Don't worry to much if you just ordered the barrel and brake you have plenty of time to sort it out!

Comment

• michaelmew

Barrel I already own. I am upgrading the brake.

-mm

Comment

Do you have set of thread pitch gauges? If not, go to your local gunsmith and ask if he could check the threads on your barrel, 24 tpi or 28 tpi?

Comment

• michaelmew

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
          Do you have set of thread pitch gauges? If not, go to your local gunsmith and ask if he could check the threads on your barrel, 24 tpi or 28 tpi?
          Never even occured to me to ask someone local. Great tip. Thanks.

-mm

Comment

• michaelmew

For those interested in the outcome, the local gunsmith has a nifty little tool that determined it was 1/2 x 36 :-( . Order cancelled from AA. It also appears that now I know I have a "heavy" barrel from M1.

-mm

Comment

Working...
            X