• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot Scope

Palmetto has these on sale for $120 + Shipping.

I'm thinking about picking one up does anyone have any experience with these?
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

I put one on my wife's BCM carbine. It's great indoors, however, in the summer or daylight with full sun, the dot is not as bright as I would like it, and I can barely get away with it. In overcast conditions, it's plenty bright. The Aimpoint is much brighter, and will keep up with any sunlight conditions I have experienced, as will the Eotech.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Thanks Man!

Comment

I've got one on my 556 and like it. As LRRPF52 has said it is lacking in bright sunlight but for the price you can't beat it. I the future I'm sure I'll upgrade but for now it Suits my needs.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-ZG(Zombie-Gun)
        Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I have the red only Strikefire and it seems to have enough out put for the brightest days. The night vision setting really works better than I expected.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Yea I appreciated LRRPF52's input and I assumed him to be 100% correct, so I checked out what aimpoint and eotech had to offer. I turned around and pick up the strikefire, I just couldn't justify paying that much more. I'm going to put it on my dad's colt sportser 5.56 for christmas, and still plan to keep the iron sites on the rifle.

Comment

For your dad's Colt Sporter, you can mount it in a co-witness mount that will goose-neck off the carry handle and position above the handguards.

Comment

I would also like to point out that the Eotech has a 1 moa dot which will be more precision at distance and the aimpoint PRO has a 2 moa dot. Another reason the prices are a little higher. Not to mention as LRRPF52 has stated they work in all lighting conditions and are very rugged and hardy.

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 Thanks man, but his has a removable carrying handle.

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    For your dad's Colt Sporter, you can mount it in a co-witness mount that will goose-neck off the carry handle and position above the handguards.

LRRP-52:

Man, you had to post a picture of a gooseneck. Flash backs to bent carry handles, broken leatherman wrenches, screws that would not stay tight, zeros that were impossible to hold as the gooseneck would not stay tight, inability to see a front sight for the coveted see through 'capability', Joes thinking that they had to put the dot on top of the front sight when using the 68, trying to teach folks that once the thing was zeroed, you do not need to use the irons anymore. I think that is just the start of the problems.

Those goosenecks were a true stop gap measure and the problems with them were so great that in retrospect I think Joe was better off just using his iron sights on the M-16A2.

LR55

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                      LRRP-52:

Man, you had to post a picture of a gooseneck. Flash backs to bent carry handles, broken leatherman wrenches, screws that would not stay tight, zeros that were impossible to hold as the gooseneck would not stay tight, inability to see a front sight for the coveted see through 'capability', Joes thinking that they had to put the dot on top of the front sight when using the 68, trying to teach folks that once the thing was zeroed, you do not need to use the irons anymore. I think that is just the start of the problems.

Those goosenecks were a true stop gap measure and the problems with them were so great that in retrospect I think Joe was better off just using his iron sights on the M-16A2.

LR55
                      LOL. My first 5.56 had a carry handle and goose neck. I could never get the screws to stay tight, even with loctite! I thought mine must be messed up and tossed it, using iron sights until I got another upper!

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Try zeroing a PVS-4 on a carry handle.... Oh brother.... You could dial that thing in, and by the time you left and got to post it'd be off by a mile.
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• hobbesgunner

I like the one I got...red/green....put it in an ARMS cantilever mount..just a few inches off zero right outta the box....only complaint is the on/off switch on the side. It was on a few times when I got to the range....holds zero and was a great buy for $150

Comment

Working...
                          X