Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill.brandonj

AA blade trigger

Okay so I have a rock river two stage something trigger. About 3.5-4 lbs. works fine for me. Buuuut....I'm in love with the blade style trigger AA has on the website. Anyone comment on whether I'm going backwards functionally wise? Or pull on the thing???

If it's the one with holes in the trigger itself, that's similar to the Mega Arms single-stage with creep and over-travel set screw adjustments, just like the JP Single-Stage trigger:

Mega

JP Enterprises
    Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

My AA's aren't like the Mega pictured, mine have a very narrow blade. Bill told me he designed the geometry of the trigger itself, and that it is very close to JP's, but not exactly like it.

Comment

I have one

I have never really liked a two stage trigger. Not sure why (I do not shoot as much as many here do just so you know). I like being able to set the travel before it breaks and how cleanly is does break.
        The thin trigger does work well with gloves on as well. Just a good solid trigger IMO

Comment

• hill.brandonj

So no answer yet on an idea of what lbs it can be set to?

Comment

• Y85
            Warrior
            • Sep 2012

when I was ordering mine back last fall, the guy at AA (Steve Albert) said the pull on the tactical blade trigger was "between four and six pounds." That surprised me, a lot, so I ordered my lower from JP with the trigger installed and ordered the upper from AA. I got the lower in early November. Nothing on the upper yet. I checked my email to make sure I remembered the number correctly, and it really was 4-6 lbs.

Comment

• Y85
              Warrior
              • Sep 2012

should have finished the post more completely. All that having been said, I bought an AA lower with the tactical trigger in place. My JP lower is set at 3 lbs and there is a palpable difference between the two triggers (I don't have a trigger gage or I would get you the exact number on the AA lower). I like the AA lower, but I like the JP trigger much more -- for whatever it's worth.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

I have AA triggers in all my AR's except my 28 inch Grendel, which has a Geissele. They are not user adjustable. They all break very cleanly at 4-4 1/2 pounds. I think they are great tactical triggers. There is no "take up", they simply break with minimal travel.

Comment

• Michael
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2012

I have a two stage Bushmaster trigger, and AA trigger in my Grendel, a gunsmith finessed standard trigger, and a standard/milspec trigger. The AA trigger just 'feels' right to me.

I know this isn’t scientific and may not answer your question, so it is simply my opinion. Take it for what it’s worth.
                  I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                  - Voltaire

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Alm this talk about trigger pull is making me think about the poster form the "tips and tricks" thread and his hanging of coke cans to determine pull weight

Comment

• Y85
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2012

Since I just read that thread today, I am going home tonight to determine the trigger pull on that AA lower using the "coke can test" -- that is ingenious. I'll update you tomorrow with the pull weight.

Comment

• Y85
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2012

Ok - the AA tactical trigger broke at 7 cans of coke (actually, 7 cans of diet ginger ale) which equates to 5.25 lbs (based on the previously established 0.75 lbs/soda). I had a 5lb barbell which did not break the trigger so I think just north of 5lbs is the number. The trigger is crisp but it ain't as good as the JP (imho).
                        I will say that trying to explain to my wife what I was doing, and why, was worth the experiment - in and of itself.
                        I doubt this helps but I will now report all trigger pulls in "coke can equivalents." (CCE)

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by y85 View Post
                          ok - the aa tactical trigger broke at 7 cans of coke (actually, 7 cans of diet ginger ale) which equates to 5.25 lbs (based on the previously established 0.75 lbs/soda). I had a 5lb barbell which did not break the trigger so i think just north of 5lbs is the number. The trigger is crisp but it ain't as good as the jp (imho).
                          I will say that trying to explain to my wife what i was doing, and why, was worth the experiment - in and of itself.
                          I doubt this helps but i will now report all trigger pulls in "coke can equivalents." (cce)
                          lol!!!

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Haha that has to be a new industry standard of measurement

Comment

i have the tactical alexander arms tactical trigger in my Grendel. It is similar to the mega in looks but its thinner, not at thick. I have mine set and have measured the pull and mine pulls at just under 3 lbs. I think it was like 2.9 or 2.8 lbs. No take up. When you put your finger on the trigger and pull a little it better be to fire. If you look how far my trigger moves it might be a quarter inch. But it has tension on it already so when you pull it moves about a quarter inch and boom. Nice crisp clean break and no grit. Everyone that has shot my rifle loves the trigger. I dont think you would be dissapointed. But if your happy with the trigger you have i dont see spending any extra money. But the question is, are you happy? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X