Reflex sights. Leupold Delta Point VS Trijicon RMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex sights. Leupold Delta Point VS Trijicon RMR

I'm looking for a high quality reflex style sight. A friend of mine has a Meprolight M21 with the triangle reticle. I've decided that i want a sight with the triangle reticle. seems to be very versatile and accurate. I like the Meprolight, but it's a little larger than what i would like.

From the sights i've found that are available with that syle reticle, i've narrowed it down to two of them.

The Trijicon doesn't require batteries, but i've read about the reticle washing out when pointing into a light area from dark. It also doesn't come with a mount.

However, the Leupold does require batterys and thus fidgeting with brightness settings. But it does come with mounts.

Has anyone here used one or both of these sights? Is the washout on the trijicon really an issue? or just someone being picky?

I have the Trijicon RMR with the 12.9moa GREEN triangle (RM08G), and it is AWESOME! I have the RM05G (9moa green dot) on an M&P9 pistol, so when I saw they released the RM08 in green, I had to give it a shot on one of my carbines. I originally planned on putting it on my 5.5" 9mm (suppressed) SBR, but it wound-up on my SHTF carbine for a more thorough evaluation.

The green is the key (the amber does wash out a bit in some instances). I have mine mounted on an ADM cowitness QR mount.

FWIW - I also own one of the Mepro M21s with the bulls eye reticle. It's also a very nice sight, but it is big and it is a lower 1/3 cowitness. Their version of yellow/amber is more of an orange due to the lens coatings. I haven't gotten it to wash out yet. It rides on my 11" 300 BLK (suppressed) SBR.

ETA - I know, I know. Pics or it didn't happen.

m21_rmr.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hooz View Post
      I have the Trijicon RMR with the 12.9moa GREEN triangle (RM08G), and it is AWESOME! I have the RM05G (9moa green dot) on an M&P9 pistol, so when I saw they released the RM08 in green, I had to give it a shot on one of my carbines. I originally planned on putting it on my 5.5" 9mm (suppressed) SBR, but it wound-up on my SHTF carbine for a more thorough evaluation.

The green is the key (the amber does wash out a bit in some instances). I have mine mounted on an ADM cowitness QR mount.

FWIW - I also own one of the Mepro M21s with the bulls eye reticle. It's also a very nice sight, but it is big and it is a lower 1/3 cowitness. Their version of yellow/amber is more of an orange due to the lens coatings. I haven't gotten it to wash out yet. It rides on my 11" 300 BLK (suppressed) SBR.

ETA - I know, I know. Pics or it didn't happen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3186[/ATTACH]
      Hooz: Great pics and sweet sticks!

Hobster: I have an RM07 waiting on an FNX Tactical, but I can't comment much since I haven't got to use it. I opted for the battery driven RM07 because the batts last a good long while (years), batts are cheap and can be had at Wallyworld or elsewhere, the sight can be turned off if you want, it's NVG compatible, and seems hella stout.
      Last edited by Variable; 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Awesome. That RM08G sounds like exactly what i want... However, I can only find it on the trijicon website and it says it will ship in 12 weeks...

Where did ya find yours?

Comment

I actually found mine at a local gun shop that I frequent. They got my RM05G for me a while ago. I had asked them to get another for me, and when he went to place the order, he saw the green triangle and ordered a few of those too. When I went to pick-up the 05G, he showed me the the 08G and I bought it instead.

He actually got two of them in that shipment, but the second one is gone now too. They are trickling out there slowly. Just keep looking.

Comment

Went to a local gun shop today and checked out a couple RMR sights. Wow... I didn't realize how small the sight picture is!
            Do you ever have trouble picking it up?

Comment

Nope. I did initially on my handgun slide, but never on the AR.

Comment

Interesting. Guess I'll have to see if they'll let me mount one up. Seems like nobody has any of the green triangle reticles left.

Also looking at the Trijicon Tripower /w the Chevron reticle

Comment

It seems like (to me) it's all about muscle memory. I have mine mounted on an absolute cowitness mount, so the same cheekweld that has worked for iron sights for years and years works just fine for the RMR. Raise the gun and it's just there.

Comment

Working...
                  X