Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longziz #2, the universal AR 15 Magazine

Hi guys,

It is been a long time since my last update. Finally I managed not only come back to the States to do this, but pull barely enough gun parts and ammo from the current market black hole to make it possible. It's been a long day and I am still suffering with sun burn, but here are the videos. I will put more story behind it once I find time after wake up. Enjoy!

Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM.

Very nice, let us know more.
    Bob

Comment

Sure, what aspect are you 65er interested most? I know 68 guys care a lot of the OAL. Does the 65 community has the quest?

Comment

• Dogue
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

OAL isn't typically an issue with 6.5G's unless using VLD's since most bullets will be close to the lands before 2.260. I'd say reliable feeding with our bullet is the primary concern.
        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks! So which one is the most reliable high cap mag for 6.5G? ASC?

Comment

• StoneTower

Currently there is only one 6.5 Grendel magazine maker that I know of. ASC is using the old C-products tooling. Some people have had success with 6.8 magazines from various makers.

Comment

Is the magazine totally different, or is it just the follower design? All those cartridges typically need different feed lip geometry, and your videos seem to defy that somehow, which I'm trying to understand. Grendel feed lips are different than 5.56 feed lips, as are 7.62x39, as are the depths of the guide grooves along the sides of the magazine body.

If this proves to be a long-term reliable magazine system, you really have something.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

OK, I'm impressed. The 5 cartidges in 1 mag without a failure is a very neat trick!

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Is the magazine totally different, or is it just the follower design? All those cartridges typically need different feed lip geometry, and your videos seem to defy that somehow, which I'm trying to understand. Grendel feed lips are different than 5.56 feed lips, as are 7.62x39, as are the depths of the guide grooves along the sides of the magazine body.

If this proves to be a long-term reliable magazine system, you really have something.
                  Pardon me for not talking details of my design before it become an available product. However, what you said is common 'assertion', for lack of word, they are correct under some pre-conditions. When those condition changed, those 'assertion' will not hold true anymore.

You are right about the long term reliability though, that I am yet to proove it. Before I mass produce this mag, I may ask you guys help for testing it, if you are willing.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                    OK, I'm impressed. The 5 cartidges in 1 mag without a failure is a very neat trick!
                    Thanks! I thought that is good for demo the mag's capability, however dagarous to do though. I may have to have a disclaimer in the future.

Comment

• Kikn
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2011

I don't mind helping to test

Comment

Very nice. Can't wait until you get these ironed out. I want some.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2012

I am certainly willing to give it a go as well! : )

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

I'll be happy to test, multiple different calipers to test also.

Comment

I would be happy to test this magazine too, but realistically, it wouldn't exactly be a stress test. I rarely load my magazines to capacity. Still, diversified testing is good though. I could try it with some 80gr or 100gr varminters or something, or perhaps fireforming. Something like that might be inclined to cause stoppages. Or I could try uppers with and without m4 ramps.

Others could perhaps test the big bore stuff, like 458 socom, Beowulf, or 450 bushmaster.

Reliable feeding of 5.45x39 alone would make this thing worthwhile. That's the weak point of the 4.45 AR, magazines.

Comment

Working...
                              X