• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

6.5 Grendel 5 and 10 round mags IN STOCK

I found a great place that stocks regularly AR-mags. Right now they have 6.5 Grendel 5 and 10 round mags in stock. LCJ Wholesalestore in Florida shipps quick and they are only $16 each. They are C Product Defense with Blue Followers.

Order Away.... no need to wait on AA.
  • stevegun 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, shipping cost for me was 13.72 for a fixed price (5.85) Priority Box. Ordered 2 5's and one 10. Received, 2 10's and 1 5. One of the 10's came with a gray follower after being assured by email prior to ordering that the "Grendels" have blue followers despite the picture on the website. New spring and blue follower on the way, we'll see. Shipped the first week after I ordered. Will they work? Once again, we'll see.

Comment

• stevegun 1

Five round spring and two blue followers arrived today , now to see if they work.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by stevegun 1 View Post
        Five round spring and two blue followers arrived today , now to see if they work.
        Glad he hooked you up. I asked for 3 followers just to have and he sent them to me for free. I tried them on my Poly Mags but theu don't fit. I'll just keep them for spares....

Anyhow, I ran mine the other day and they fed just find. I have a 10 and 5 round. They seem very tight and I could only put 4 in one and 9 in the other. I don't think they will hold the 5 and 10 so let me know if your does. I might have to file off a tiny bit of the stops on the underside so I can fit the other round. Besides that, feed lips worked perfect and the bolt held open too.

Comment

• stevegun 1

6.5 C Products Defense Mag Modified

Ted; my fives are fours the modified spring is the factor there, I haven't checked the ten yet. I did modified all three to open the front where the cartridge transitions to the barrel extension/chamber. These were quite constricted when compared to a AA marked mag.

The picture of three mags shows the unmodified on the left, mod in the middle and the AA marked one on the right.

The picture of two from the top is AA on the left and the mod on th right. I was to into the work to remember a top view of the unmodified.

I also marked the floor plates so I could tell the ten from the fours. I probably will not order again from this source because they more than doubled the actual cost of shipping. I do not care for that kind of back door profit taking.

Your idea on cutting the follower legs may be worth a try since you have extra followers, go slow. One way is to disassemble the mag, put 10 rounds into the body while it's on its back/spine and then see how the follower and spring fit. This will give you a good view of where the problem lies. I'll try mine and let you know.
          Attached Files

Comment

• stevegun 1

9 rounds now 10

Ted, I hope the pictures will help. I cut both legs on the follower by .2oo" and lapped them clean. The saw I used is shown. I cut one"leg/loop" or is it a half, off the bottom of the spring. The bottom "leg/arm" of the spring was bent parallel to the upper next leg to mimic the original design. Works great and 10 rounds exactly. Good guessing on my part and if your not a believer in our lord, we will call it luck.

If you try this on the "four/five" rounder you'll have to remove coils from the "compressed" portion of the spring at the bottom, go slow and let us know how it goes.

I will not do this because the four rounder is perfect for a hunting mag here in CA. Good luck. Now enough screwing off, I have to get some real work done in the shop.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Got it. Thanks for doing the leg work. After looking at your mag comparison of all 3, can't believe the difference. I'll look at mine tomorrow and do the comparison. If mine match yours, I won't be buying any more either. We shouldn't have to modify anything but the other day mine fed fine so I'll do some more shooting this week coming up.

Been busy today and tomorrow we got plans too. All these other things to do is interfering with my target shooting. Anyhow, thanks for the info.

Comment

• stevegun 1

Ted, your welcome. My AA's feed like a dream but the sharp inner edges and the different profiles made me think. The mods may not be required but I wanted to pattern after the original. Smooth feeding in the manual mode, range will have to wait a week or so. I'm just so tired of beat up brass, polishing the underside of the feed lips really seems to help. We'll see what happens on the range.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

Again thanks and I'll be looking into it this weekend...

Comment

Working...
                  X